Take Off assistance percentage bar has been removed from the 'Special' Options

Basco1
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

5 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Please post a track and I can see if I can help you out. I am GPUless until late Monday but I can have a look then.

Greetings Nine....

Thank You Kindly for your request.  Please reply tomorrow if you need me to simply record a video and upload it to YouTube regarding my issue.  I'm sure its something that I am failing to do either correctly or in a specific order, as others seem to be doing fine.  I don't know if I have a propeller pitch issue or what.  And I do feel that things will eventually get worked out, as this is my first 'Early Release" purchase.

All My Best-

Eddy

Just saving a short replay track of a failed takeoff attempt and attaching it here would do, especially when we can look around the cockpit while watching your replay (can't do it in video, obviously). 

About the smoke, forget it, it's just a visual bug that goes away after a few minutes of flight. Your port engine is fine.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

9 hours ago, Art-J said:

Just saving a short replay track of a failed takeoff attempt and attaching it here would do, especially when we can look around the cockpit while watching your replay (can't do it in video, obviously). 

About the smoke, forget it, it's just a visual bug that goes away after a few minutes of flight. Your port engine is fine.

Thank You Kindly Art-J.....I quite sure you will see that Im doing something wrong.  I can't tell if my flaps are down, if my propellers need more pitch.  Fuel is above 50%, full ammo rounds.  End of runway speeds barely top 100 knots-

Have a Good Day-

Eddy

Mosquito Lift- Off Fail.trk

The track doesn't play correctly, though it shows boost and RPMs in correct range (if you can get to 3000 rpm that means you're already at full engine speed). When in doubt about flaps, you've always got their position indicator on the left of gear, flap and bomb bay levers.

That being said, checking the mission options in your replay shows you're using game flight mode instead of simulation one. The former is known to cause in other planes similar performance issues as you describe (among many, many others), so I suspect that might be the culprit in this case as well.

Game flight and avionics modes are buggy and not well developed or suported, so the only long-term solution is dumping them and going full simulation really, even if it might seem intimidating at first.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

16 minutes ago, Art-J said:

.....Game flight and avionics modes are buggy and not well developed or suported, so the only long-term solution is dumping them and going full simulation really, even if it might seem intimidating at first.

Thank You Art- I failed to mention that in my bewilderness, I had attempted to set things up in 'game' mode, hoping that might cure some of the illnesses I've experienced , including 'Auto Rudder' at 100%.

I'll proceed to wait on further developement. 

Thank You Again-

Eddy

Keep in mind if you wait for "further development" of game flight mode to make it more usable - you can pretty much bet it's never going to happen, based on experience with other DCS warbirds. Extra airspeed you need is all "hidden" in the simulation flight mode and that's it.

Auto rudder is a separate thing from flight mode and not a cause of your issues. I'm not a fan of it but I understand some might need it.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

Keep in mind if you wait for "further development" of game flight mode to make it more usable - you can pretty much bet it's never going to happen, based on experience with other DCS warbirds...

Ugh...that's not the news I had hoped to read, but I'll take it as gospel just the same.  After merely switching from 'Game' play to Simulation play...the Mossie took off like a feather with no other alterations on my part.  My only small dilemma is that I have a Logitech 3D Extreme (ten+ years now) and it takes some getting used to using the keyboard as a throttle setting.  But now that I can take off from a strip of air field (thanks to you), I will make the best of getting to know this plane on a keener level.  

Thank You Most Kindly-

Eddy

Mosquito Lift- Off.trk

Edited by Cheap_Trick
File Inclusion
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity, @Art-J have you ever flown plane in game mode in DCS, i have never did that my self. All i know about game mode that some weird behaviors may happen that's it, i know this only from posts on this forum.

I also heard that ED considered to remove this game mode completely, but based on ongoing stuck of bugs, ED team does not have spare resources to do that 🙂 I assume.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 2

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

7 hours ago, grafspee said:

Just out of curiosity, @Art-J have you ever flown plane in game mode in DCS, i have never did that my self. All i know about game mode that some weird behaviors may happen that's it, i know this only from posts on this forum.

I also head that ED considered to remove this game mode completely, but based on ongoing stuck of bugs, ED team does not have spare resources to do that 🙂 I assume.

Did it a few times briefly to troubleshoot strange flight issues people were reporting even when it seemed they did set up their planes "by the book". Turns out that mode makes planes more difficult to fly in some situations instead of making it easier for new players. Quite opposite to its intended role I'd say ;).

• Like 2

• ED Team
On 1/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, Cheap_Trick said:

Greetings Nine....

Thank You Kindly for your request.  Please reply tomorrow if you need me to simply record a video and upload it to YouTube regarding my issue.  I'm sure its something that I am failing to do either correctly or in a specific order, as others seem to be doing fine.  I don't know if I have a propeller pitch issue or what.  And I do feel that things will eventually get worked out, as this is my first 'Early Release" purchase.

All My Best-

Eddy

Sorry not getting back soon, a game track would be best, but if you want to accompany with a video as well, to make sure its playing back good, and its not a hassle, I would take both. Thanks

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

On 1/17/2022 at 12:50 AM, NineLine said:

Sorry not getting back soon, a game track would be best, but if you want to accompany with a video as well, to make sure its playing back good, and its not a hassle, I would take both. Thanks

Good Morning Nine-

Art helped me pin down the issue.  I normally set the system to 'Game' mode when trying a new module for a few times before I go into 'Simulation' mode.  In this particular case, it was the 'Game' mode that created such a fuss.  Art suggested that the game mode was the issue.  Indeed, it was.

After switching back over to 'Simulation' mode, the Mosquito flew like a feather and take-off was a breeze.

Thank You Kindly for Your Attention-

Eddy