Aileron trim has no effect

jonsky7
Go to solution Solved by jonsky7,

Just fired up the Mossie to have a look at the new gun splash effect, very nice.

But my aileron trim was having effect no the aircraft, the keybind works the trim wheel, just doesn't change the tendency to roll to the left.

Anyone else?

Track attached

edit: It's even as if right aileron trim is giving a pitch nose trim down effect.

trim.trk

Edited by jonsky7

It's been fine for me. In fact, I have to give it about one full notch of right aileron trim for it to want to stay level. (That seems wrong. And yes my rudder is trimmed and I've verified my stick is centering correctly. This doesn't happen with any other DCS aircraft.)

Haven't noticed any interaction with the pitch axis either. (Though the pitch axis is incredibly touchy as we appear to have our C of G too far aft.)

• Solution
15 minutes ago, SMH said:

It's been fine for me. In fact, I have to give it about one full notch of right aileron trim for it to want to stay level. (That seems wrong. And yes my rudder is trimmed and I've verified my stick is centering correctly. This doesn't happen with any other DCS aircraft.)

Haven't noticed any interaction with the pitch axis either. (Though the pitch axis is incredibly touchy as we appear to have our C of G too far aft.)

Thanks, it was FFB turned on 🤦‍♂️

Had to start with a new saved games folder to fix another issue, and didn't realise FFB default is on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 1:43 AM, jonsky7 said:

Just fired up the Mossie to have a look at the new gun splash effect, very nice.

But my aileron trim was having effect no the aircraft, the keybind works the trim wheel, just doesn't change the tendency to roll to the left.

Anyone else?

Track attached

edit: It's even as if right aileron trim is giving a pitch nose trim down effect.

trim.trk 415.86 kB · 0 downloads

Works on my PC, too. It is just slower, so you need to press the trim button for longer.

For me it works too, I didnt notice any issue here.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro