Campaign updates.

Hi guys, 

It was brought to my attention that some of the briefings are not clear enough when it comes to missions objectives. I will work on updating the PDF documentation that is coming with the campaign and publish it here. It should take me about 3 days to have it available as a download link. Also I will add the revised documentation in the briefings and kneeboards. This will take a bit more time but will be available for the next update. 

Cheers, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, 

Until I get to modify the briefings accordingly I changed the supporting documentation to give a bit more clarity on what the players have to achieve in each mission, where I felt the need to clarify it more. There are available to download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vibRGWKqXa8gqxXsGtmMgnpgCl94VV4g?usp=sharing

For the first 3 missions that are not combat heavy I have explained what is expected from the player to do, also for the rest of the missions I have put Dev notes at the end of the briefing where you can better understand what needs to be done and what are the missions pass/fail criteria. Some of them are a bit more complicated than "destroy this" They are tied in how the flights around you behave when you are able to clear the skies in front of them or not. I understand that it can be confusing and frustrating. Also, reaching some of the waypoints, before engaging the enemy can be crucial in some of the missions and the Mig-21 is not an easy thing to navigate. Over the sea you can use the NAVAIDS at the airports to go around it, and over land I placed the waypoints on what I think are quite distinguishable places. Villages, promontories, and so on. I hope this will make your life better and that you will enjoy this. 

I don't believe that the first round of updates for this campaign made it to the release. Still waiting for clarification from the guys at ED. With the new addition of the drawing tools my plan is to continue to improve this campaign as more of these tools are being made available to us. 

Cheers,  

• Like 2

SorelRo,

hey man, thank you for this. I really appreciate you receiving the complaints as constructive criticism (what mine were intended to be anyway) and addressing. This is exactly what was needed and- whether it clears stuff up for me or not- shows that you are intent on producing an experience and not just a collection of missions that we can take or leave.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike_CK said:

SorelRo,

hey man, thank you for this. I really appreciate you receiving the complaints as constructive criticism (what mine were intended to be anyway) and addressing. This is exactly what was needed and- whether it clears stuff up for me or not- shows that you are intent on producing an experience and not just a collection of missions that we can take or leave.

Thanks so much for this. I live by the motto "everyday is a school day" although I hated school when I was young. These first two campaigns are a first for me. The third one I'm doing i used all the feedback from here and I believe is closer to what BD and Reflected are producing. So, to me, it's always good to hear feedback. If i can respond back and show that I listen it's all good. 

cheers, 

• Like 1

Hi @SorelRo, i have been waiting for a mig21 campaign, most of dcs mig21 campaigns have issues with mig21 rsbn navigation system, and it makes impossible to follow the flight plan. I was thinking about asking you some mission briefing, I already see that you have uploaded all. If im not wrong those flight plans are created from combat flite or at least it creates the same flight plans.

Also i know that you provide the heading and km to waypoints, and you can navigate with the kneeboard, but this is a huge missed oportunity for the correct employment of the mig21 navaids

Mission 1 notes

waypoint 0 KN (105) 157/100

waypoint 1 TSK (31) 306/84

waypoint 2 KN (105) 154/99

waypoint 3 KN (105) 154/99

If im not wrong KN are VOR, and TKS is a tacan, those nav aids are incompatible with rsbn and arc systems.

I will try to create a flight plan for mig21 onboard navigation sistem, maybe is not correct but everything should be related to russian navaids

waypoint 0 rsbn 6 sochi-adler

waypoint 1 rsbn 6 sochi-adler 119/64

waypoint 2 rsbn 6 sochi-adler 45/12

waypoint 3 rsbn 6 sochi-adler 181/12

waypoint 4 rsbn 6 sochi-adler 217/16

waypoint 5 rsbn 6 sochi-adler 246/19

waypoint 6 rsbn 6 sochi-adler 63/18

@SorelRoAre you going to "translate"/update OTAN flight plan to Russian flight plan navaids?

• Like 1

This is something that i'm trying to master as well and put it in a proper documentation. I have to be honest, when I have tried it didn't worked consistently enough for me to put it out. Instrument navigation would be needed in maybe 4 or 5 missions. The most important part would be the return leg to the base, and I believe that's done properly. 

maybe im wrong, but the wind is not able to move a rsbn station and its radial, it is fixed on ground. Radial 160 of rsbn 6 will be forever radial 160, and the flight director will indicate you if you need to turn right,left or you are on the right course.

If you are navigating only with heading like ww2 fighter you need do some drift corrections. If you are navigating heading 160 toward rsbn 6, and there is a huge north component wind, the compass will show you the 160 heading but you will be deviating to north.

If im not wrong this is what wwII pilot used for wind compensation

75271519_428967367767112_237959733008190