New Engine Sound

RodBorza

The engine sounds are terrific.....kudos to the team for their excellent efforts,thank you very much guys 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

8 hours ago, Terry Dactil said:

Yes. It does sound  lot better.

Still  it does not have the out-of- synch audio beat to be even more realistic

Disappointing with that bit.

As btd wrote above, it's very audible now and motivates me to finally investigate and report a possible bug when RPMs are out of sync even with prop and boost levers in the same position, depending on how I started the mission. I could ignore the issue previously, but now it's getting on my nerves with that audio beat :).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

48 minutes ago, Art-J said:

As btd wrote above, it's very audible now and motivates me to finally investigate and report a possible bug when RPMs are out of sync even with prop and boost levers in the same position, depending on how I started the mission. I could ignore the issue previously, but now it's getting on my nerves with that audio beat :).

You have to sync engines, which might mean levers are out of step.

I find that rpms aren't steady, so that might be difficult.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

1 hour ago, Holbeach said:

You have to sync engines, which might mean levers are out of step.

I find that rpms aren't steady, so that might be difficult.

^ If both sets of levers are in-line with each other (as shown on Ctrl-Enter controls indicator), then engines are synced by definition.

But sometimes the RPMs are not when I cold start the mission, even when indicator says they should be. At the same time there's no problem when I fly air-start mission, or cold start both engines together at the same time (not realistic, but possible). Unless DCS randomly models some mechanical differences between levers accuracy, I don't see why that should happen.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm talking real life, where no two engines are exactly the same and the prop rpm has to be synced with the levers to eliminate the beat.

My rpms are wavering, (runway start), so I turn down the base to reduce the beat, (to stop wife making horrible noise).

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I must have flown upwards of 50 individual twin engined aircraft IRL, and the chances of the levers being in the exact same place to get things synced is very close to zero. This idea that levers being the same means the exact same power is a complete 'sim-ism', where engines, control linkages, fuel systems etc are *precisely* the same. This is not reflected in reality at all. Every aircraft will be different, and it's one of the hallmarks of multi engine aircraft that each engine will be slightly different as well (to the point of possibly having different rates of throttle response as well, ie. one engine may spool up faster from idle than the other, something that is part and parcel of multi engine handling). This chance increases with the aircrafts age - brand new, and things are very well set up normally, the older they get and the more 'drift' there might be. In a piston engined light twin, you have six levers to play with, and some can be a real pain to set up so things are purring along smoothly (Piper Seneca II, I'm looking at you)

• Like 3

What do you mean? now the beating of frequencies is very distinct at different engine RPMs: 

The sound is a lot better now, and the tone changes with rpm.  Very nice.

However, there is still no proper beat frequency when out of synch.

If you go back and listen to the audio clips taken in the real aircraft you will hear what is should be like.

• Like 1

Fantastic job with sound update. One of the best engine sounds ever released in any sim, no doubt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 10/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, Art-J said:

^ If both sets of levers are in-line with each other (as shown on Ctrl-Enter controls indicator), then engines are synced by definition.

But sometimes the RPMs are not when I cold start the mission, even when indicator says they should be. At the same time there's no problem when I fly air-start mission, or cold start both engines together at the same time (not realistic, but possible). Unless DCS randomly models some mechanical differences between levers accuracy, I don't see why that should happen.

I checked my revs at 2600 and they were 20 apart. At 2300 they were 40 apart.

Prop revs are on a rotator and the levers appeared even. Runway hot start.

I checked the settings. They appeared OK and I cycled then back and forth, but didn't alter anything.

Back to flying and the are now even at 2300 rpm. but I'll keep an eye out.

21 hours ago, DB 605 said:

Fantastic job with sound update. One of the best engine sounds ever released in any sim, no doubt.

+ 100 on this comment.

The new sounds are fantastic, along with all the other little additions I've found on top of the listed change log stuff the Mosquito is really coming along nicely. She's now topped the Spitfire for my all time favorite.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 3 months later...

Looking at the video. The take off of the DCS version looks way off to me. He appears to go full throttle and it shoots straight down the runway with little trouble. I'd be spinning all over the place if I tried that in DCS.

3 hours ago, grafspee said:

Keep practicing @Savvy

I've seen that video, in fact I was the one who 'Liked' it 🙂 Great take off right there, well done.

I was able to do it, maybe not quite as well as what you've done there but still not too bad.

Your other Mossie take off video shows it more what I can do for my best possible take off. It's a lot more all-over the place compaired to the real life video.

If somebody as talented as yourself still only gets airborne just before going off the side of the runway then I think it helps my point.

For me it just doesn't feel right at all. I feel if the real one was a touchy as that then there would've be plenty of bent mossies and injured pilots in WWII.

I've had the pleasure of seeing a real one take off from a very narrow strip (mossie would've been about 80% the width), which it had no trouble at all keeping down the middle. And that was with a stiff, maybe 30deg crosswind.