Forrestal Spawn Points - let's see your carrier decks!

Tomcatter87

Hey there, as someone who loves crowded carrier decks, I made a quick image showing the 12 different spawning locations of the new Forrestal by Heatblur. By blocking those locations with static objects, you can influence where the aircrafts will appear - be it a players plane or an AI one. 

It also shows where you can put eye candies. It wasnt too easy finding a right spot for the NS-60 Tilly, I think this one might be the best spot without placing it on a forklift or in the way of something.

Let's see your carrier decks! 🙂forrestal spawnpts.jpg

Edited by Tomcatter87
  • Like 2

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Like with the Stennis and Supercarrier spots 1-4 are only available for spawning at mission start. The 8 spots on the starboard side are always available, assuming they are not blocked. 

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Tomcatter87 changed the title to Forrestal Spawn Points - let's see your carrier decks!

Here's one I'm working on for casual practice flying. 2 client slots. Spots 1~6 open for more if I need them. Using the static deck crew and VSN A-6 mod. I wish we had a proper livery for the VSN EA-6B, and for Hornets too. I have references of Tomcats interweaved like that but....how the hell do they get them out?

S1ff9vg.png

SEkiuoD.png

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nealius said:

Here's one I'm working on for casual practice flying. 2 client slots. Spots 1~6 open for more if I need them. Using the static deck crew and VSN A-6 mod. I wish we had a proper livery for the VSN EA-6B, and for Hornets too. I have references of Tomcats interweaved like that but....how the hell do they get them out?

S1ff9vg.png

SEkiuoD.png

What a nice looking deck! Concerning the Prowler, I might have sth up my sleeve. Just keep an eye out on the user files section the next days 😉

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Here is how I have my deck set up, not sure if it's remotely realistic, couldn't really find many photo's of the deck during ops. (All basically brought to realistic life by Tomcatter87's wonderful skins and also Reflected for the best Tomcat skins out there)

Screen_211022_202243.png 

Screen_211022_202256.png

Screen_211022_202214.png

• Like 2

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

I'm not really sure how custom templates are added but are you able to share your crowded carrier deck as a template so I can import it into a mission? I've been looking for something like this so I wouldn't have to spend an hour placing things if someone else has already done it.

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

5 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Where do you get the SH-3?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3316150/

It's a really old 3d.odel,but the best seaking we have 😉

At present you have to use the scripting engine to spawn in and remove statics as you see fit. Removing objects is easy enough via something like. 

local objs = {'static1', 'static2', 'static3'}
for i = 1, #objs do
  if StaticObject.getByName(objs[i]) then 
      StaticObject.getByName(objs[i]):destroy()
  end 
end

Spawning is a little more complicated because you need the coordinates for where objects can go. Have to use: https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_func_addStaticObject to spawn em. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Tested in multiplayers. 

Static aircraft spawned with templates appear stuck in the deck, for clients. I've got other static near castle that aren't spawned but already here at the mission start, they are OK.

I'll try to find a solution, but may be some of you already have one ?

Screen_211101_212956.png

I think RedKite mentioned that sinking issue in his tutorial video.

In other news, I'm working on mod-free (except liveries) decks, and using the old Hornet models for better framerates. No regard for AI taxiways because I've given up on them long ago: Just set to start from catapult. Going for a Pseudo-Independence CVW-5 deck. Mixed Hornet/Tomcat deployments on Forrestal-class carriers is slim pickings.

LAUNCH

yNoqtFN.png

FLEX

1kqGK4a.png

RECOVERY

sZ0M5pg.png

Edited by Nealius