Bell UH-1M (Huey Hog)

Helicopter gunship ..... flyable, clcikable, standalone, startup procedure, EFM, fully armed..... etc etc....

Vietcong added to the infantry list in Mission Editor.... for the Vietnam War.

CREDITS : see credit text in folder (Cockpit by Yakarov)

This is a Hi-res cockpit of the Bell UH-1M, with a simpler startup. It is not my intention to replace the UH-1H module by Belsimtek or replicate it in anyway; however there was a perceived desire in the modding community for a fully fledged Vietnam War era helicopter gunship; and so I did the UH1C, then realised that infact the UH1M was a better configuration and carried more weapons......so..... here we have the Bell UH-1M.

Startup : look in folder for "UH-1M startup procedure.txt"....... there is a switch to turn on/off hints....

If you want a HiRes cockpit with all the bells and whistles working, please consider buying the UH-1H Huey by Belsimtek, that is an excellent module and gives you the full immersion experience.

This project (UH-1M) was drawn together and completed by Freddy.

DOWNLOAD THE UH-1M HERE

NEW LINK...... 3 March 2022 Fixed landing on moving ships ...... credit and thanks to NoCallsign for testing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dglZauqLl1oXjf6FmsvJSua5qW-jpjdk/view?usp=sharing

installation : : C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Bell UH-1M

UH1M marines2.jpg

UH1M Cockpit.jpg

UH1M Shark.jpg

UH1M standard.jpg

UH1M vietcong.jpg

UH1M marines.jpg

Edited by Dweeeeb
link broke
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

I have it installed but for some reason it does not let me fly it.  It acts like a mod that requires a module to work, it seems to be AI-only for me.  I set up a mission with one taking off, and tried setting the skill to player and to client.  Both times the mission defaulted to the F10 map and I could not control the helicopter, it behaved like an AI aircraft.  I don't have the Huey module, but this thing should be standalone, so that shouldn't be an issue.  The only other thing I could possibly think of is if it somehow gets interfered with by the AH-6J, since I also have that installed.  I'm using the latest 2.7 stable version.

Edited by Spino

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

5 hours ago, Spino said:

I have it installed but for some reason it does not let me fly it.

Dont know...... have you installed it to the correct folder......  I also have the Ah6... works fine

Thanks for your efforts so far.
What I have found out is that the pedals move in the opposite direction when moved. Pressing the left pedal makes the right one move forward and vice versa.
Now you should focus on the flight model and the looks of the interior. Unfortunately those are some true weak points.
But I am fortunate that you will cope this, since you have came so far! 👍

Cheers

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

This mod is just amazing! Is very detailed, fun to fly, have tons of realistic weapon loadouts and a very nice FM. I can only say, thanks a lot for creating it, and congratulations for this wonderful work. Thanks mate!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

On 10/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Dweeeeb said:

Dont know...... have you installed it to the correct folder......  I also have the Ah6... works fine

Yes it's in there, I don't know why it refuses to work.  I might try repairing DCS and see if that fixes it.  I don't have the Huey module though.

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

On 10/22/2021 at 4:35 PM, Spino said:

Both times the mission defaulted to the F10 map and I could not control the helicopter

@SpinoI just had a similar issue with my own mod, also based on the AH6. Can you send the content of your installed UH-1M mod's entry.lua here for a qucik check?

Edited by rato65

2 hours ago, Badass1982 said:

Anyone seen a weird issue where she doesn't like to have weapons added to her ? Tbe rearm window pops up but the weapons never get added.

yeah.... probably because I didnt add logic for rearming...... sorry

On 10/24/2021 at 1:00 AM, Spino said:

Yes it's in there, I don't know why it refuses to work.  I might try repairing DCS and see if that fixes it.  I don't have the Huey module though.

OK.... look through the .log and see if there is an obvious error...... or send a copy of the last log. to me..... but first you need to close the game completely..... start with the UH1M mod installed... try yo play with the mod..... once you get to problem, stop the game and exit properly..... then send that .log file to me (PM to this account).... should be less than 100kb

4 hours ago, Dweeeeb said:

yeah.... probably because I didnt add logic for rearming...... sorry

OK.... look through the .log and see if there is an obvious error...... or send a copy of the last log. to me..... but first you need to close the game completely..... start with the UH1M mod installed... try yo play with the mod..... once you get to problem, stop the game and exit properly..... then send that .log file to me (PM to this account).... should be less than 100kb

Oh, thanks , wasnt sure if it was me doing something stupid. Good to know thanks again.

M

Can we have a separate mod for the VietCog soldiers, please?

Ah…never mind, get it figured out.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I can honestly tell you that I like this model more than the Belsimex Huey and do not ask me why, because I would not know how to answer you know what I am doing wrong that I cannot stabilize it in the air I have to do too much trim to stabilize it and neither talking when you want to land is another odyssey. If someone doesn't have these trim problems, please tell me to solve it, thank you.

• 1 month later...

The link appears to be dead. Any chance of re-upping?

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 3 weeks later...

Now it doesn't even show up for me in DCS 2.7.9.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, Eight Ball said:

I do have C++ libraries installed, does no good.

Edited by Spino

1 hour ago, Dweeeeb said:

Link working...pesky google!!

Link works, but it doesn't seem to show up in DCS.  Placed files in "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Bell UH-1M" but nothing appears in DCS.  Attempted to load one of the missions from the mission folder and DCS advises that UH1M module is needed.  Is this a 2.7.9 issue?  Any fix?