On 1/5/2022 at 6:41 AM, Crypto_IX said:

Link works, but it doesn't seem to show up in DCS.  Placed files in "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Bell UH-1M" but nothing appears in DCS.  Attempted to load one of the missions from the mission folder and DCS advises that UH1M module is needed.  Is this a 2.7.9 issue?  Any fix?

It doesn't show up because the 'entry.lua' in the mod folder is named 'noentry.lua'. Rename it and all should be good. File in download needs fixing.

• Like 1

It doesn't show up because the 'entry.lua' in the mod folder is named 'noentry.lua'. Rename it and all should be good. File in download needs fixing.

I had a conflict with the Mod CH47 Chinook, I removed it and the UH-1M appeared, I then handed over the latest version of the CH47.

Small strangeness, at ground, in AI the chopper does not touch the ground, the problem does not exist in flying mode.

Great works 👍

Screen_220110_214804.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed the mod but I have noticed that the anti torgue pedals animation is reversed i press left and it shows right. Its the second mod that I have this problem with (the other one was the bell47 mod) so maybe its something with my setup. Anyone else has this problem ? any solutions?

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's

5 hours ago, Tanuki44 said:

Just click on the axis inversion assigned to the pedals in the axis parameters panel of UH1M

Thats the thing its only the animation which is inversed . When I press left pedal i turn left but the pedals get depressed on the right side. If I invert axis it all wrong...

Obsessed with FM's

I managed to reverse the animation of the pedals

for the amendment :

in the file  \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\UH-1M\Cockpit\Scripts\mainpanel_init.lua 

change the values in red :

Pedals                                = CreateGauge("parameter")
Pedals.arg_number                    = 6
Pedals.input                        = {-1, 1} 
Pedals.output                        = {1,-1}
Pedals.parameter_name                = "PEDAL_INPUT"

attached is the lua file

mainpanel_init.lua

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edit : Now I realised there's another problem. for some reason I cant move the camera position left and right. it goes up and down but not left and right. also the tail rotor seems  to be on the strong side. it doesnt require any left pedal input and at high speeds it;s efficiency is  too strong it tilts the helicopter on the right side. Any files I can edit to fix that?

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's

On 1/8/2022 at 2:12 PM, Spook1234567890 said:

MAn...... that was dumb of me..... sorry for this guys.... I will fix tha download

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, NoCallsign said:

Any chance the Hog can get it's own Discord channel up and running?  Or is there one already which I haven't found yet? 

Not any Discord .... this is a solo venture

On 2/3/2022 at 3:12 PM, Strigon-1 said:

Do the door gunners work like in the Belsimtek huey or are they just for show?

The door gunners are there for AI......   unfortunately DCS code doesnt allow "modders" to have AI gunners in a player flyable plane..... only official mods (with SDK)can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks like there are a few bugs with the throttle system:
1) The animation of the twist grip goes the wrong way. IIRC, twist right should be closed.

2) The throttle twist doesn't respond to the "both engines throttle" axis input.

3) The both engines throttle axis input doesn't work until after the engines are started.

4) The throttle idle position has no stop, meaning you can't tell where it is unless you have the prompts on.

5) The throttle needs to fully open for the engine to start (matches realistic idle position of twist fully right)

Edited by No1sonuk

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Not sure if anybody has tried using the infantry vietcong models from this mod but I made a mission with them and they seemed to be invincible and a bit broken by the looks of things. Got some errors in my log too:

2023-06-06 13:02:17.768 ERROR   wWeaponSystemManager (Main): rangeFindingTarget not defined!! VietCongSoldier
2023-06-06 13:02:17.768 ERROR   wWeaponSystemManager (Main): Invalid sensor height! (VietCongSoldier)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...