When's black-shark 3 coming?

hawa0835

35 minutes ago, hawa0835 said:

They said this summer, and now the summer is over.

No offence, but it sounds like you are new in the DCS community.
If so, welcome 🙂

Every date and every time the word "soon", "imminent", "x quarter", "time of year" etc. is used by developers forget about them, dont get you hopes up and dont expect a delivery on that date or time frame.

Often dates are set by the PR department that have no clue about coding and programming.

Many things can go wrong and bugs can appear out of nowhere and dont forget about, lets say, too "optimistically" deadlines.

So, sit back, relax and forget anything you read and heard recarding dates and promisses about the module.
Thats the hard reality of our niche hobby, sorry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

1 hour ago, huchanronaa said:

It is said that Russia has new military secrecy regulations, and it has been hesitant to add those functions. It's been procrastinating so far

It has been said. Other things have also been said. It will come when it comes.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:36 AM, Rongor said:

I would agree the U.S. prioritized development of the Apache way more than Russia did with the Black shark.

The design, culture, budget, time and such between the Ka-50 and AH-64 cannot be compared.
The "budget", for the US military is a blanco check, while the Russians went through the tough 90´s and a complete national economy reset, something the US did not do.

Study the Russian/Soviet vs NATO/US tactics and strategies and you will get your answer why there is such a difference.

US military is shaped by invasions and world dominans, the Russians are not.
Doing a direct comparison of US vs. Russian military gear is like comparing a tumbler to a washer, they may look the same, but they are not, and therefore different prioritizations.

• Like 5

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

1 hour ago, bmbpdk said:

The design, culture, budget, time and such between the Ka-50 and AH-64 cannot be compared.
The "budget", for the US military is a blanco check, while the Russians went through the tough 90´s and a complete national economy reset, something the US did not do.

Study the Russian/Soviet vs NATO/US tactics and strategies and you will get your answer why there is such a difference.

US military is shaped by invasions and world dominans, the Russians are not.
Doing a direct comparison of US vs. Russian military gear is like comparing a tumbler to a washer, they may look the same, but they are not, and therefore different prioritizations.

I didn't compare at all and I think nobody did. I commented on a comment which implicated that U.S. gear would receive priority in DCS development. The answer is simple: Much more people around here are hyped for an Apache than for a BS3.

These are interesting and agreeable facts you stated, but they totally missed the matter of the recent replies.

• ED Team

BS3 is in development, but I can not give you any ETA at the moment. 

When we are ready to share more we will. 

thanks

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Rongor said:

I didn't compare at all and I think nobody did. I commented on a comment which implicated that U.S. gear would receive priority in DCS development. The answer is simple: Much more people around here are hyped for an Apache than for a BS3.

These are interesting and agreeable facts you stated, but they totally missed the matter of the recent replies.

When you wrote that the US prioritized the development of the Apache more than Russia did the Ka-50, you made it sound like a comparison between the two countries views on attack helicopter designs, doctrines and implementations.
I clearly misunderstood you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

Bs3 has been discussed for a long time, is it still under development?

On 10/25/2021 at 4:25 PM, BIGNEWY said:

BS3 is in development, but I can not give you any ETA at the moment. 

When we are ready to share more we will. 

thanks

It's quite obvious: they decided to go for the Apache first: the hype is huge (and everybody seem to forgot the f-16), the cost is huge (ah-64 is a complete new module, 80 dollars maybe? while black shark 3 is something like a-10c II: 20 bucks, 10 if you buy on release) and so huge is the revenue. Black shark 3 is on pause and it will arrive later, after ah-64 will be out, maybe incomplete and with bugs (just like the f-16) but everyone will have forgotten it.

10 hours ago, sylkhan said:

Why do you wait for BS3 ?

It's nothing more than BS2.

Oh ... i forgot, you will have a new page on Abris for MWS, and 2 Iglas, ahahah, ..that's all.

If you fly the KA-50 from the beginning in 2008 and therefore know it in detail, you will recognise some mistake in the product that spoils its appearance slightly, e.g. rocket impact, object targeting etc. You will find many more shortcomings in the 'Bugs and Problems' pages of this forum, finally BS2 has got to be be revised - thoroughly.

Why do I wait? Well, a very legitimate question ...

I hope ED has gained enough experience after some 13 years of programming to be able to deliver a solid product once and for all!

In my opinion the new Apache is an addition and not a replacement for the KA-50 in DCS world. Primarily ED should optimise DCS performance very soon, so that 60fps minimum @1080p with graphics settings 'High' will be standard on an average pc system - otherwise flying the highly dynamical Apache may become very disillusioning ... 

Edited by Fastbreak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

3 hours ago, Preendog said:

I'd pay 20 bucks just for Igla. 

Tired of not being able to hit planes moving laterally with vikhr. 

You are not familiar with the KA-50 killing rules of the ED bible, aren't you?

Thou shalt not kill any bird with vikhr. 👆

[the 11th commandment from the ED version]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

On 10/27/2021 at 10:19 AM, sylkhan said:

Why do you wait for BS3 ?

It's nothing more than BS2.

Oh ... i forgot, you will have a new page on Abris for MWS, and 2 Iglas, ahahah, ..that's all.

My hope is that they will at least fix what's broken when they update it to BS3.  Right now, they don't even bother.  Datalink doesn't work, AI wingman doesn't work, ATGM pretty much only functioning weapon because rocket blast radius is ridiculous...

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 4