When's black-shark 3 coming?

hawa0835

On 10/27/2021 at 10:19 AM, sylkhan said:

Why do you wait for BS3 ?

It's nothing more than BS2.

Oh ... i forgot, you will have a new page on Abris for MWS, and 2 Iglas, ahahah, ..that's all.

My hope is that they'll have an option for only loading two Vikhrs per rack. One of the early updates on the 3d model showed a rack equipped like that.

IMHO, there are a lot of scenarios where 12xVikhr is unnecessary - and having a 4xVikhr option to save weight and increase range would be ideal. There is some evidence this is one in real life and it is certainly an option (the racks can carry 2, 4, or 6 missiles).

I'm not in such a hurry to see a new Ka-50 and don't ask for a totally new one either, but I quite want to see some new things from the red, a Ka-50 or MiG-29 after that. The short of new full fidelity red models these days is such a pity for me. It's so boring to get new toys only in blue style.  Now I would accept even a pure recon new plane if possible, and certainly a Ka-50.

• Like 2

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

19 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

What is wrong with you?

Thank you, I think I am fine. Can you say you are, too?

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

On 11/13/2021 at 12:20 AM, Avimimus said:

My hope is that they'll have an option for only loading two Vikhrs per rack. One of the early updates on the 3d model showed a rack equipped like that.

IMHO, there are a lot of scenarios where 12xVikhr is unnecessary - and having a 4xVikhr option to save weight and increase range would be ideal. There is some evidence this is one in real life and it is certainly an option (the racks can carry 2, 4, or 6 missiles).

I may be wrong but are you talking about?

because I haven't seen any 2 racks, only 4, and that's just the Igla.

Ka-50-New-Model-02.jpg

Ka-50-New-Model-04.jpg

Ka-50-New-Model-03.jpg

Hi,

Before I get the Apache I prefer to wait for BS III. That paired with the Mi-24 ... what more could you want. And then, possibly, the Mig-29 as a fully operable module ... 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

20 hours ago, Hobel said:

I may be wrong but are you talking about?

because I haven't seen any 2 racks, only 4, and that's just the Igla.

It may well have been those screenshots (showing 4 rather than 6 missiles per rack) - so you may be right that is what I saw.

However, those missiles are 9K121/9A1472 Vikhr... not Igla... 😉 

1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

You'll have no sympathy once you realise how much of a range advantage the AGM114 has on the Igla!

Don't need sympathy. I'll have cold hard cash from selling the M4s looted from all the Apaches that get sent for a dirt nap. :smoke:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

18 hours ago, Avimimus said:

You'll have no sympathy once you realise how much of a range advantage the AGM114 has on the Igla!

Sorry but the only thing Igla is used for is jets.

Against other helicopters, the Vikhr is much better than the Igla. More range, faster and a proximity fuze.
In these categories the apache is simply at a disadvantage.  But what the apache will have is better SA.

It will be exciting 😉

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 2

I suspect the acquisition to release path for the Igla will be faster - and it also won't set off the laser warning receivers on the target - so there is probably still an advantage in a close fight with an Apache (which could easily happen in complex terrain).

• 5 weeks later...

There was not even a glimpse of a Ka-50 in the 2022 and beyond video, I fear BS3 may once again be DOA, or on a very very back burner.

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

Ignore this post, I had old information.

Black Shark 3 has apparently been canceled and we can thank russian lawmakers for that.

This appeared in the original 2021 Roadmap newsletter:

Note: Due to new Russian Federation laws pertaining to the gathering of information of Russian military equipment, we have had to reconsider our plans to add new systems to the Ka-50. We continue to make the updated cockpit freely available, as well as a highly detailed updated external model.

Edited by Cukrrak
Incorrect infomation

2 hours ago, Cukrrak said:

Black Shark 3 has apparently been canceled and we can thank russian lawmakers for that.

A few months ago this was, again, reversed. As far as I know, the latest is, we are still getting Blackshark 3, with Iglas, missile warning system, new external 3d, but no DIRCM system as originally planned. I believe new 3d model is visible in the opening of recent 2022 and beyond video.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script