When's black-shark 3 coming?

hawa0835

You can always use the Apache with a corresponding livery to pretend it's a modern version of Mi-28, and I don't think that would be too far from the truth. Speaking of the Apache, if there will be an option to ban its radar on the server it may end up pretty balanced since most multiplayer servers run at daytime with pretty fair weather.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest newsletter - it's not exactly brilliant.

Again no news on the KA-50 upgrade/bug-fixing, more important again no news on Vulkan/DX12/MultiCore(also relevant for KA-50).

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a brainy customer to enter the kingdom of ED's train of thoughts...

Edited by Fastbreak
  • Like 5

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

ive been away from dcs for a long time, last i remember was that the ka50 would be coming soon : ).

whats the current state of the ka50 as far as we know? help a friend out, its hard to comb through all the messages, tho i did check the whole newsletter from where i left off (not a single ka50 dedicated newsletter!).

9 часов назад, BranchPrediction сказал:

ive been away from dcs for a long time, last i remember was that the ka50 would be coming soon : ).

whats the current state of the ka50 as far as we know? help a friend out, its hard to comb through all the messages, tho i did check the whole newsletter from where i left off (not a single ka50 dedicated newsletter!).

There's been no news for quite a while now, so chances are your info is still relevant. And yeah, it's still coming soon :dunno:

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen a peep about BS3 for months.  I am guessing its very much a back burner project for now.  Maybe the janitor works on it in his spare time.  

• Like 2

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

12 hours ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

I haven't seen a peep about BS3 for months.  I am guessing its very much a back burner project for now.  Maybe the janitor works on it in his spare time.  

Haha.  Biggest comment on release: Flies in figure 8s, smells like Fabuloso

I seem to recall some new info this year...  New model was in a vid and I think maybe some updates in a newsletter or something...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 2/11/2022 at 11:47 PM, WarbossPetross said:

Speaking of the Apache, if there will be an option to ban its radar on the server it may end up pretty balanced since most multiplayer servers run at daytime with pretty fair weather.

Balance... GGRRRRRR...

Fly better. Learn the weaknesses of the platform you want to attack and the strengths of your ride of choice. 😉

BS3 is on the pre-buy list!

• Like 2

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

2 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

Even BS4  is on the pre-buy list! 🙂 

Just looking forward for Shark update so much. Great module, one of my first, one of my favorite all that time, but outdated.

Edited by iyhan_spb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i7 13700K,  DDR5 32Gb, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC, Pico 4 VR

12 часов назад, Tiger-II сказал:

Balance... GGRRRRRR...

Fly better. Learn the weaknesses of the platform you want to attack and the strengths of your ride of choice. 😉

Yeah, well, good luck finding weaknesses of a chopper with a radar and off-bore cannon/ATGMs/targeting systems/all the things that you don't have. Also good luck finding players on a PVP server that works like real life (because it isn't real life, thankfully).

5 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

Yeah, well, good luck finding weaknesses of a chopper with a radar and off-bore cannon/ATGMs/targeting systems/all the things that you don't have. Also good luck finding players on a PVP server that works like real life (because it isn't real life, thankfully).

Check my sig for what I think to that. 😉

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I feel like that was just a mistake. Got on talking about AI being applied to other choppers and started talking about the only chopper in DCS where it isn't relevant.

• Like 2

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:47 PM, WarbossPetross said:

You can always use the Apache with a corresponding livery to pretend it's a modern version of Mi-28, and I don't think that would be too far from the truth. Speaking of the Apache, if there will be an option to ban its radar on the server it may end up pretty balanced since most multiplayer servers run at daytime with pretty fair weather.

You mean the same servers full of Red Fighters, that can pick off choppers with relative ease?

On 3/19/2022 at 9:26 AM, iyhan_spb said:

Even BS4  is on the pre-buy list! 🙂 

Just looking forward for Shark update so much. Great module, one of my first, one of my favorite all that time, but outdated.

I'm actually afraid of BS3. BS2 runs and looks wonderful in VR. I have the apache too and asks 12GB vram in medium textures it is a slideshow in VR. I hope we will not get a BS3 with million triangles super big textures and no LOD like they did with apache. It will render her unplayable for me. 

• Like 1