When's black-shark 3 coming?

hawa0835

3 hours ago, Volk. said:

That bit's not an omission from ED - it never fielded those pods, and explicitly never tested them AFAIK.

heh. and here I am already finding the dual 23mm pods too light for most (DCS) missions 😉

I never use the 23mm pods. Would rather have the 12.7 + 7.62. More fun. Most of the time it's Vikrs and S-13s. Nice and punchy.

Still like to see 4 x S-24. That could be fun.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Volator said:

AFAIK the BS2 has a laser warning receiver, but not a RWR, correct?

Correct

9 minutes ago, Volator said:

Will the BS3 come with a RWR? MLWS maybe?

AFAIK, still no on the RWR, but a missile approach warning system was on cards at some point, it is unclear if it still is however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Are BS2 owners going to get a discount? If yes, steam users also?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

15 minutes ago, ebabil said:

Are BS2 owners going to get a discount? If yes, steam users also?

The Black Shark 3 Upgrade Program will allow you to save later by buying now. That means all existing owners of Black Shark 2 will benefit from a reduced Black Shark 3 upgrade  price. For those not wishing to upgrade, DCS: Black Shark 2 will continue to function.

• Like 1

i7 13700K,  DDR5 32Gb, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC, Pico 4 VR

9 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Except for the F-15E, the BS3 is top of my list. Really looking forward to seeing what they've done with it.

IDK why, but I do not care about 15E at all..... My wishlist is Mig23, F4 and recently announced La-7. Well, and Zero will be a pleasure to own as well 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iyhan_spb said:

IDK why, but I do not care about 15E at all..... My wishlist is Mig23, F4 and recently announced La-7. Well, and Zero will be a pleasure to own as well 

The fun of flying is where you find it. The F4 doesn't do anything for me. But that's just me. The F-15E will be a pleasure though. We all find love in different places.

But the BS3 is definitely a hot ticket item for me.

23 minutes ago, Beirut said:

The F4 doesn't do anything for me. But that's just me. The F-15E will be a pleasure though. We all find love in different places.

I'm sure 14 free days of flying will help us to figure out what do we really want :) May be I'll fell in love with 15E, who knows 🙂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iyhan_spb said:

I'm sure 14 free days of flying will help us to figure out what do we really want :) May be I'll fell in love with 15E, who knows 🙂 

Ya gotta admit, the 14 day free trials is just the cat's ass of flightsim goodness. I think it shows solid respect for the customer.

• Like 3

I didn't bought the A-10C upgrade because I didn't fly it that often and I didn't like to much the monocle thing, frankly not interested. But now, there is usually slots for A-10C II only on servers I play. So now if I want to fly the A-10 I need to buy it again at 80 usd... So I never touch the A-10C again. And I get the server slot logic.. with the 300 slots per server, having to add even more slots for the same aircraft is illogical.

The last time, the BS1 and BS2 used the same slots, so there was not problem. But now for the BS3, it is going to happen the same as with A10C and A10CII. I'm not against paying for an upgrade, or whatever, but the methodology, with the "limited upgrade time" if not, 80 dollars to be able to use an aircraft you already own... not fond of that. So I learned my lesson, If I want to keep flying the K-50 I will have pay for the upgrade instantly because then your aircraft wont be on the servers. Ok... but I find it quite compulsory and it leaves me with a bitter taste.

EDIT: I take back what I said. It still is 20usd for the upgrade. Last time I checked, I even went to the shopping card to see if there was an upgrade option. But when you login, the price changes. So it's not 80 usd for the upgrade, it is 20usd.

Edited by RPY Variable
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

7 minutes ago, RPY Variable said:

I didn't bought the A-10C upgrade because I didn't fly it that often and I didn't like to much the monocle thing, frankly not interested. But now, there is usually slots for A-10C II only on servers I play. So now if I want to fly the A-10 I need to buy it again at 80 usd... So I never touch the A-10C again. And I get the server slot logic.. with the 300 slots per server, having to add even more slots for the same aircraft is illogical.

The last time, the BS1 and BS2 used the same slots, so there was not problem. But now for the BS3, it is going to happen the same as with A10C and A10CII. I'm not against paying for an upgrade, or whatever, but the methodology, with the "limited upgrade time" if not, 80 dollars to be able to use an aircraft you already own... not fond of that. So I learned my lesson, If I want to keep flying the K-50 I will have pay for the upgrade instantly because then your aircraft wont be on the servers. Ok... but I find it quite compulsory and it leaves me with a bitter taste.

Money doesn't grow on trees, but the upgrade cost is very reasonable. If we're talking about $10, more or less, that's as little as anything will ever cost in DCS.

if you buy a module on sale and then pay a small upgrade cost, it's a fair deal. Not cheap maybe, but certainly fair.

4 hours ago, Beirut said:

Money doesn't grow on trees, but the upgrade cost is very reasonable. If we're talking about $10, more or less, that's as little as anything will ever cost in DCS.

if you buy a module on sale and then pay a small upgrade cost, it's a fair deal. Not cheap maybe, but certainly fair.

I've already bought the A-10C (original), but if I wanted to upgrade it, I'd have to buy the entire A-10C II module for $80. I don't remember how much the original cost, but an upgrade shouldn't be as high as the original module. Between $10-$30 would be ok.

IMHO, of course I'm not going to be upgrading my A-10C anytime soon based on this.

2 hours ago, VZ_342 said:

Where is the link to get the BS3 upgrade by itself? Or where is the price listed?

there is no sale yet

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5