When's black-shark 3 coming?

hawa0835

Just now, 104th_Crunch said:

I have BS2, but the store does not show a discounted pricing? Only $69.99?

their servers seem to be getting absolutely hammered right now (open beta update + BS3 release.) i'm sure that's just a hiccup, as it showed $9.99 correctly for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annelid said:

Wonder if its because I have to old blackshark 2 upgrade.

Yes, most likely its that .. open a support ticket with ED, surely they can fix this for you.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

website slowed down to a crawl...its almost 26k speeds now, is it really THAT demanding? And I mean the DCS main page not the forum. Been waiting for it to "take my money" for 5 minutes now.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, Hammer1-1 said:

website slowed down to a crawl...its almost 26k speeds now, is it really THAT demanding? And I mean the DCS main page not the forum. Been waiting for it to "take my money" for 5 minutes now.

I'm glad that there seems to be a lot of people wanting to upgrade their BS, as this 2022 year seems to have been a pretty slow selling up to now .. I keep this DCS data approximation to gauge how healthy is the Sim's business and this 2022 has been pretty slow compared to previous years:

SdjgbgS.jpg

This counts only the transactions of the ED-Store, so no Steam data in here, but it still kind of worries me 😞

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Well that probably correlates better when you take into account the amount of ppl fed up with early access open beta stuff. I buy everything, thats just me. But honestly havent been flyng much this past year either so I kinda get it. Ill fly again when stuff works.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Well that probably correlates better when you take into account the amount of ppl fed up with early access open beta stuff.

I have no way of knowing what percentage of the DCS users are "fed up", so it's impossible for me to correlate.

I buy everything, thats just me. But honestly havent been flyng much this past year either so I kinda get it. Ill fly again when stuff works.

I buy (almost) everything too, and I'm fortunate enough to actually have time to fly, as I recently retired, and at least for me, most stuff works ... some bugs every now and then? sure, but none game breaking, limitations?  yes, of course there are items not implemented yet, but I try to fly with the items that do work. 

20 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I'm glad that there seems to be a lot of people wanting to upgrade their BS, as this 2022 year seems to have been a pretty slow selling up to now .. I keep this DCS data approximation to gauge how healthy is the Sim's business and this 2022 has been pretty slow compared to previous years:

SdjgbgS.jpg

This counts only the transactions of the ED-Store, so no Steam data in here, but it still kind of worries me 😞

Hi! If you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive to these figures? Thanks!

Edited by Demiurgo

58 minutes ago, Demiurgo said:

... how did you arrive to these figures?

I always purchase some DCS item at the end of the year,  so I have a shop order number for every year-end, this way I can know how many transactions there have been every year. Of course not all transactions are for the same amount of money, so this tells me nothing about the revenue accrued during the year, but if we assume the average dollar amount of each order to be about the same from year-to-year, the order numbers do give us a metric to compare each year.

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

I always purchase some DCS item at the end of the year,  so I have a shop order number for every year-end, this way I can know how many transactions there have been every year. Of course not all transactions are for the same amount of money, so this tells me nothing about the revenue accrued during the year, but if we assume the average dollar amount of each order to be about the same from year-to-year, the order numbers do give us a metric to compare each year.

Thanks. That is what I thought! 🙂

I was fortunate, BS3 upgrade purchased and paid for instantly, downloaded in about 3 minutes I think 🙂

Looking forward to getting into the cockpit a little later!

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

SdjgbgS.jpg

Interesting. No doubt there are external factors at play for 2022 (inflation mainly) putting a dent in disposable income for things like DCS modules. 😞

Anyway, I'm sure the $9.99 upgrade price for BS2 owners made that particular decision extremely easy. It certainly did for me 😄

1 hour ago, molleh said:

Anyway, I'm sure the $9.99 upgrade price for BS2 owners made that particular decision extremely easy. It certainly did for me 😄

Same for me .. I purchased my BS 2 on October 2014, and thus after 8 years of enjoying it, I have absolutely no problem with paying for an upgrade at such a reasonable price .. it was the same with the A-10C II and I will probably do the same with Normandy 2  🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Annelid said:

mmm.  I have both blackshark 1 and 2.  logged in and showing $69.99.  Wonder if its because I have to old blackshark 2 upgrade.

I have the same problem, as I mentioned. I have a support ticket. Fast reply and they tried, but it didn't' work. I want by BS3!!! I hope they fix this soon. 

edit: Support has it working today! Thankful for their quick reply. Look forward to trying it out.

Edited by 104th_Crunch
ED Rules!