Mission 2 formations broken

Hi Reflected,

Sorry to break it too you but it appears that the formation flying in, at least, mission 2 of the big show (channel version) is broken.

The pic shows the mess of the formation as they desperately try to follow the leader on an insanely steep climb to who knows where.

On a hunch I am gonna say it is the new AI formation handling that ED recently implemented on the last OB patch which has done this though it could be a waypoint issue though I am no mission editor myself so I could not say for sure.

I have attached tried to attach a track so you can see what I mean, even over the airfield some are a little all over the place but the majority stay grouped. The file is too large even compressed. If you really need a track let me know and I will share it some other way but I am assuming it should be the same for your install as it is mine.

Not sure if you can fix or if you would have to take it up with ED?

Cheers!🍻

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.10.21 - 20.36.56.67.png

Edited by Bagpipe
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Reflected said:

@Bagpipe I've seen Mosquitoes doing this and not even in a climb. Please do post a track (upload it to google drive or some hosting site) and I'll make sure to forward it to ED. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pQgUJ8XKYE_QRC78MwhpTiRjiI4vzLok/view?usp=sharing

There you go, it is not the cleanest of tracks as I was messing with bindings and screenshots at one point but it should have what you need

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Restarted this great campaign today... Unfortunately, this mission is still unplayable. One year later and how many updates! The crazy flight continues...

I land back and jumped into the 3rd mission (Channel version), which worked great!

Cheers

18 hours ago, dggoofy said:

Hi,

Restarted this great campaign today... Unfortunately, this mission is still unplayable. One year later and how many updates! The crazy flight continues...

I land back and jumped into the 3rd mission (Channel version), which worked great!

Cheers

Sorry it’s still in ED’s hands. 😞

• 1 month later...