Boeing Apache AH-64 Helicopter Start-up HD.

oscar19681

14 hours ago, oscar19681 said:

start-up procedures

I guess a majority of DCS players will elect to do the autostart procedure and not worry about all the required checks at all :lol:

(Which is a shame given the distance ED walks to give us the most-realistic AH-64D PC sim ever.)

Edited by Pilot Ike

21 minutes ago, Pilot Ike said:

I guess a majority of DCS players will elect to do the autostart procedure and not worry about all the required checks at all :lol:

I've literally never done an auto-start in any module. But then I do have an obsession over procedure 😬

• Like 7

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

2 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

I've literally never done an auto-start in any module. But then I do have an obsession over procedure 😬

Same here. Wouldn't know how to do an auto start!.

Being a pilot, ground crew or having anything to do with aircraft really is a job where having OCD is actually a great advantage!. DCS also helps out too with the old OCD!.

Edited by bart
  • Like 3

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On 10/22/2021 at 12:44 PM, Pilot Ike said:

(Which is a shame given the distance ED walks to give us the most-realistic AH-64D PC sim ever.)

Guilty. But I know how to fire up the Mustang & Harrier. Even better I know how to do all case carrier landings safely (regardless if i get a “wave off) But with the Apache I will definitely learn how to fire her up. But it’s ok a different level then the Janes Apache longbow back in the day I suppose.

I love how the Apache can taxi backwards btw. Not anything you can do with the other modules in DCS. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, oscar19681 said:

Guilty. But I know how to fire up the Mustang & Harrier. Even better I know how to do all case carrier landings safely (regardless if i get a “wave off) But with the Apache I will definitely learn how to fire her up. But it’s ok a different level then the Janes Apache longbow back in the day I suppose.

I love how the Apache can taxi backwards btw. Not anything you can do with the other modules in DCS. 

Just remember it's not like a car, right is still right, no alternating the wheel.  First time back taxing I started to go the wrong way because I wanted the tail to go to the left.  Nope.  Nose still goes right. 

1 hour ago, oscar19681 said:

Hind, Ka-50 and not least Viggen can groundtaxi backwards. 😁

• Like 1

I don't know about the Ka-50 and Harrier, but IRL the Hind is prohibited from back taxiing.

Screenshot_20211024-212804.png

IT IS PROHIBITED to perform rearward taxiing and on-the-spot furns relative to one wheel

-Mi-35P Helicopter Flight Manual.

I assume there's the same restriction for all models of Hind. Can't see any reason it'd be different between variants

Edited by gnomechild
Add photo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gnomechild said:

I don't know about the Ka-50 and Harrier, but IRL the Hind is prohibited from back taxiing.

Screenshot_20211024-212804.png

-Mi-35P Helicopter Flight Manual.

I assume there's the same restriction for all models of Hind. Can't see any reason it'd be different between variants

while I'm not sure the manual needs to be posted, but yeah i'll continue to break all the limits in game but it makes sense probably worried about tail strike which was what I was wondering about. thanks learn something new every day!

Edited by kgillers3

I seen pilots be all fancy and back in embraer 175  at the airport. I also seen plenty of ladders start flying around because they have no idea what was laying in the grass.   They stopped that after one went a little to far and fell of the concrete and the main wheels ended up in the soft ground.

Honestly i wouldn't want to back taxi in anything where i am not able to see behind me.    To much unknown when you cant see whats going on, even using a spotter would make me nervous

Just my thoughts on the whole "back taxi"

Jesse

21 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

Just remember it's not like a car, right is still right, no alternating the wheel.  First time back taxing I started to go the wrong way because I wanted the tail to go to the left.  Nope.  Nose still goes right. 

Wait, what if I'm pulling a trailer?  Is left still left or is it right?  Do I move the bottom of the cyclic in the direction I want the trailer to go?  

• Like 2

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

Il 22/10/2021 at 13:07, LooseSeal ha scritto:

+1

• Like 1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.