FFB Control Issues

DD_Fenrir

With the release of the DCS 2.7.7.14727 Open Beta I am finding that once trimmed for cruise flight ~250mph IAS, that I am suffering a form of almost control lock with aft stick only inputs - in actuality it presents more like a significant deadzone in the aft stick only direction, with the elevators unresponsive to aft stick input until a significant displacement occurs at which point it breaks and we get a sudden nose up input; it's peculiar as the aircraft is still responsive & sensitive to stick forward inputs, but not aft.

This only occurs once trimmed. If I ignore the trim and hand fly the aircraft, it does not occur but is unpleasant to maintain as stick forces are naturally quite significant in order to supress the noses desire to rise.

Hardware: MS Sidewindeer FFB2

Pitch input curve: Custom - 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 44, 100

This behaviour also occurs to a squad mate with an identical stick setup.

Is anyone with spring centred stick (or even an alternative FFB) seeing this behaviour also?

• Like 3

I have seen the same problem.

I use a Saitek trim wheel and find that when I trim nose up it creates a deadzone when pushing the stick forward.

The same but opposite happens when I trim nose down.

I first noticed this issue in a cold and dark Mossie in MP.

When I tried free flight in SP the issue did not occur.

I will be trying a few different scenarios to see if I can nail down what conditions cause it.

• Like 1

Same issue here. I have the same sick ffb2. However I think this is a "feature" and a rather poor one at thay. I am operating on no curves or anything. 

As the speed goes beyond 300mph the controls are obviously going to be heavier (however this isn't reflect with the ffb for some reason when It could be). Instead I suppose the effect is that you have to move the stick more to have any useful effect, however this isn't realistic as the roll/change in pitch will be far more sensitive with speed. Instead it feels like the controls are laggy and sluggish. 

I ask that these altered to match the way the p51 feels with higher speed, once you reach a it limits the max roll available, which is better than this system. Also it would be nice if the ffb strength increased with this. 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

I also have a problem with my FF2.  It works great with the P-51.  All of the axis stay centered.  But when I use the same settings in the Mos, the Y axis is off center.  I can move the full Y axis and it never goes back to center.  This makes it hard to trim the pitch as stick inputs make the nose bounce up and down. The X and Z axis are always centered.

EDIT:  The black square that shows the joystick position always returns to zero.  The red dot does not.  The red dot is to the left of center, on the negative part of the curve. (Curve goes down)  This makes the total width of the red dot's center travel unequal.  There is more on the left side.

• 3 weeks later...

throwing my 2c in here too. I also have a FFB2 and have found the Mossie almost unflyable. The trim is completey whack and behavior at high speed is a death trap. I didn't know about this thread a couple days ago and had made a new one

• Like 2

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules