Add Forrestal to supercarrier

ebabil

I think it is the best looking carrier in the game. But I have really got used to SC crew feature. So Forrestal SC would be a great combo!

• Like 15

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Agreed Forrestal looks absolutely amazing, but I've gotten so used to the eye candy deck crew, I can't do without em anymore..

• Like 5

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Not that this is going to happen, but I think the deck crew should just be a core feature. With the other things like the lso, ready room and more advance catc to be behind the paywall. I own the SC, I have no regrets buying it at all. But I do think some of the thing included in it, should just be core to dcs, for all to use. But like I said, that most likely wont happen.

Edited by Danny_P
typo
  • Like 2

+1 sorely needed.

At the very least deck crew and a working LSO position.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

It would be nice if they merge to bring the same deck crew on the forrestal but it is no use asking them
because their commercial interest is clearly more important than we who support them.

Love these reverse psychology attempts 😂

Ofc their commercial interest is more important, you think they get money from trees?

Anyway, would be great to have it as SC, but it would probably be charged for. Something that should have been part of the core game, the crew and ATC...

• Like 1

Yeah, we simply got the non-SC first, because SC features will take time to add. Not to mention, SC itself isn't complete, and there are big additions to the deck crew in the works right now. It simply makes no sense to add the SC feature set to anything else until that feature set is finalized. 

Seen like this yes you are right that they terminate the bridge crew, but that they include this crew in the forrestal.
On the other hand, I would find it normal that this addition should pay off because all work deserves a salary. But that does not prevent me from saying a big THANK YOU to ED for their work.😘

It would be beneficial for both ED and customers to implement Supercarrier features to the Forrestal.

Basic Forrestal is free for everyone, just like i.e. basic Stennis. Purchasing Supercarrier customer would receive feature upgrade for two carrier classes instead of one.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Golo said:

Agreed, this really needs to happen.

Well from the economical point of view, it doesn't.

Cause if they put the SC animated crew behind a paywall, they should then charge for the Forrestal crew as well. But if they don't charge for Forrestal crew, then the SC crew should be free... But ED didn't make Forrestal, Heatblur did.

no, they can make 2 versions of it so that SC owners can benefit from it. Also this makes SC more appealing

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yep, best solution is to implement the SC features into all carriers as an option. If you own SC you'll have the animated crew, comms and whatnot on every carrier. If not - you'll have the basic carrier interaction.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

Yep, best solution is to implement the SC features into all carriers as an option. If you own SC you'll have the animated crew, comms and whatnot on every carrier. If not - you'll have the basic carrier interaction.

I second this for the most part. However I think that the Cat crew should be available regardless as their whole job is to get you lined up and hooked up. But that's just me.

The Forrestal and Tarawa has 3rd party working, part of some 3rd party directories (Forrestal - F-14 / Tarawa - AV-8B) and require Heatblur and RAZBAM update your ships with Supercarrier API, no ED. ED has working on complete the SC features to implement into the API.

About them, remember Trello Heatblur roadmap:

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

We will be introducing a free carrier to DCS World - the CV-59 Forrestal.

The Forrestal class will form a core part of the content package developed together with the F-14 Tomcat. The Forrestal will ship with the baseline standard of DCS Aircraft carrier features. Future versions may include supercarrier features.

RAZBAM dont talk yet anything to supercarrier API on Tarawa.

Edited by Silver_Dragon