HMCS Alignment in VR

wraith70

Works about the same as non-vr, just gotta keep your head still. But the steps put in the video by wags can be a bit confusing.

• Go to helmet align page: Helmet power on > List > 0 > RCL > Dobber right (sequence)
  • Course: M-Select button (0) > move head to align with cross > Enable Switch - Depress (this is the only time in the alignment process, that you use this button)
  • AZ/EL: M-Sel > Keep head still > use slew keys to align top small cross with the big alignment cross > M-Sel
  • Roll: M-Sel > Keep head still > use slew keys to align top and bottom crosses with the big alignment cross > M-Sel
  • Your done: Dobber left (return)

For me it's been working quite nicely. For some reason it's easier than in the Hornet, or perhaps I'm simply getting more used to indeed keeping my head still... 🤔

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset