HELP . ! How to set up gun sight picture . Fixed #View .

KoN

I need some help , for some reason i can not get a good gun sight picture -  view . 

I've tried the  Right -Alt Num-0 . When I like the view I want using Trackir . Paused and un-paused but its just not saving that view I want . 

The Gunsight moves all the time i want it fixed like in  il-2 . 

And if saved what HOTAS button will it be assigned to . ? 

I've watch many videos on this snap views .

But its not saving the views i want and yes its ticked in the options menu as save  snap views . 

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

There are three options which affect what you describe in Bf-109: Snapviews, head-movement by G-forces (both in gameplay options I think?) and default camera position (in special options). It's not exactly clear from your post how they're set up and thus what's not working as you would like.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, KoN said:

I need some help , for some reason i can not get a good sight  view . 

I've tried Right Alt Num-0 . When i like the view i want using trackir . Paused and un-paused but its just not saving the view i want . 

The Gunsight moves all the time i want it fixed like il-2 . 

And if saved what hotas button will it be assigned to . ? 

Ive watch many video on this . But its not saving the views and yes its ticked in options . 

Probably you have to change the Default camera position to Center, then you have to lean right, after folding the gunsight. On Default or Gunsight the View will follow the gunsight folding action. Is that what you wanted?

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Tried again last night . 

Paused trackir 

center view num-5.

zoom in too FOV 80.

R-Alt - Num-0 too save view . 

un-paused trackir .

restart DCS . View looking down at cockpit .  . WTF . lol 😬

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

That's how I do it KoN.  That seems strange.

Did you hit enter once you were in the seat after the restart, then TIR center?

IIRC it's saved in the snapviews.lua. Perhaps rename the current one (to snapviews.bak) then restart DCS and it will regenerate a new snapviews.lua.  Then try setting your default cockpit view again and see if it works.

Hope that helps.

Just had a thought... You're not using TIR to set your zoom and position right?  If so, that's the issue.  You need to set your view using the keyboard commands.  Just double checking... 🙂

Edited by Sarge55
2nd thought...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

ill give it a go . 

I've read that I need to left win then num5 to activate snap views . ? lol 

ill try the zoom in using keys . 

Airborne 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .