How to make VA “Listening” always ON

greyeagle787

This has probably been addressed many times and hopefully there is a simple solution . Thanks in Advance for your help.

I've been using the setting "Override listening if My spoken Command begins with" since I started using VA and VCP. everything has been working as it should and all commands recognized and executed.

I wanted to eliminate that option for brevity and have the "listening" headset icon always listening. So in Options I have the Recognition Global Hotkey Disabled and unchecked the Override button referenced above. But every time I open up VA, I have to click on the listening "headset" icon to make it "listen". Problem is, after a few commands, it goes back to "not listening" All by itself.

What am I missing and what do I need to do to just have VA act on the profile commands without the “begins with”?

If this is with VCP also running have you tried the REL HOT option in VCP?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi Hornblower, Turned on the REL HOT option and my profile in cockpit keyboard commands work uninterrupted now. Unfortunately the PTT has been cancelled out. Every time I PTT I get a "Command (ie. ATC request takeoff) is currently disabled for this session and was not executed". Does this for all PTT commands. Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by greyeagle787