Blowing Engine On Cold Starts. Force to use autostart Engine Still Blows the Turbine when Flying

Boneski

Well Title kinda states it all.

Thought is was me and something I was doing wrong but this lil guys it even hard to fly now for some reason. 

Any thought or tips would be great.

On cold start I wait for the Clutch Sync up and slowly add throttle to full but it blow after a while on the tarmac so

I have no idea what could be going wrong or what I am doing wrong. 

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

10 hours ago, Boneski said:

I have no idea what could be going wrong or what I am doing wrong.

There's a bug with the sandfilter ATM.

I'll find the details.

TL;DR;

• Fit the sandfilter on desert maps and turn it on while below 35m AGL
• Without the sandfilter fitted and active, the engine will fail in 6min 30sec (the beta is using a test version with accelerated damage)

Detail

Polychop Rober — 20/10/2021
If you fly on caucasus or marianas it will be okay
It should happen only on sand maps
And if you fly +10min under 35 meters

The bug is that it doesn't reduce your power and the time is incorrect

That's the version I used first because I was testing it, so i wouldn't like to be 45 min waiting 

Nexus [H] — 20/10/2021
Ah OK, so normally the power will be reduced and you have to fly at low level for >45 min before it will break. Nice! Makes me wonder what the switch actually does IRL though - Does it let unfiltered air into the turbine so that you can switch the filter off at high level and not get a performance hit?

Not exactly, you will have normal engine till 45' and after that you will start to lose
And with time (it can vary but it will be at least 20min) you will be at 80% (edited)
And this condition only will happen if you are low
and your assumption is correct!
The filter would be disable to cruise because it is not needed!

Nexus [H] — 20/10/2021
Excellent! I managed to finish my mission, snipe 3 BTRs from 4000m (I like the black smoke trails on the HOT3) and RTB at low level over the desert. 
Many thanks for the help and for the updates of course - very much appreciated.

You are welcome

[BSD] Gimbal — 20/10/2021
yeah just did a test here without the sandfilter turned on and it was 6min 30sec when it failed completely on me in an autohover at 10m off the deck. No issues with the filter equipped and activated (edited)

Edited by Ramsay
Add details on what is / is not working
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

5 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Does sandfilter interfere with engine performance when ON?

Yes, AFAIK it reduces performance when fitted and the scavenger system uses bleed air while operating.

Vortex Particle Separator.JPG

Gazelle SA-341/2 PUREair System

paf.png

https://shop.pall.co.uk/uk/en/aerospace/commercial-rotary-wing/engine-protection-1/zidgri78llm

https://www.pall.com/content/dam/pall/aerospace-defense/literature-library/non-gated/AEGAZESEN.pdf

5 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Why not just leave it on for duration of mission?

Because using bleed air reduces performance and increases fuel consumption (perhaps ~5%).

Edited by Ramsay
Add details on the PUREair System
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080