Two quick input suggestions

First, looking good ED!  I went up in the jet first time today and felt at home.  I have I have no idea how many thousand hours in the simulated jet, and once in DCS there wasn't anything to learn, the jet just worked as I'm used to for the most part, minus missing functions here or there that will be added over time.  Early access, still in development, cool.

I was pretty impressed that DCS recognized my modded TM HOTAS Cougar and mapped the buttons without me having to do pretty much anything from the start.  It was already ready, minus two mis-mappings:  Microstick X-axis was swapped with Ant Elev rotary.  I swapped those axes and was golden, although I did have to invert Ant Elev.

Couple things:

1)  S3 Pinky Button is used for EXP/Zoom, but also often used as a "shift" function.  I would love for DCS to allow for a shift button to also be used for a single context sensitive function as well when no other buttons are being held.  This way I can shift some other items such as the top china hat for zoom in/zoom out slow.

2)  Throttle detent - able to manually set the detents within DCS per their appropriate locations would be welcome.  I'm used to this in BMS, and the Cougar comes with detents stock.  Sure, there's not a lever to release, etc. but being able to go through the GUI and specify position of Mil detent and AB detent as I'm moving the throttle--where they are and kick in would be fantasic.

I spent a short while but what's there so far works great.  The jet feels pretty solid, handles close to what I'm used to with weight on wings, loaded out, empty, etc., landings and takeoffs felt natural.  I really love the dynamic glass reflections and wing deformations, and all the other shiny that comes with DCS.

Thanks guys for you hard work.

• Like 3

Yes, I realize you can assign shift buttons, but what I cannot do is have a button serve as a shift button but also as a separate, discrete function in the jet as well.

If I set S3 to be a shift modifier and also to do EXP/Zoom, it will only shift modify while in the jet and EXP/Zoom ceases to function on that button.

How do you set detents?

Edited by Mr_Blastman

For setting the throttle axis curve, select it, go to Axis Tune, check Custom and Slider and then adjust the values to your liking. Try adjusting them in such a way that the response remains linear until the AB kicks in, at least.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• Wags changed the title to Two quick input suggestions
  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, Ignition said:

You can assign "shift" buttons with the modifiers button, is the first one from the bottom on the controls menu.

You can customize the throttle axis so it can activate the AB at a specified position. Its not very friendly but its possible.

Set it up as a shift in DCS as per with your button. Bind a single keyboard press as your expand / fov button.

Use a program such as Joy2Key or voice attack. Using the button you want, set short press to the keyboard bind and long press to no action.

That should accomplish what you want.

Edit;

Was for

@Mr_Blastman

Edited by obsidianuk