AIM-120s + All AIM-120 API Missiles in 2.7.7

DSplayer

ED is planning on at least addressing the issue. Now it’s a matter of how they’re going to do it.7EFBD5ED-D6B2-4AD8-89DB-87C589DC8A08.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

7EFBD5ED-D6B2-4AD8-89DB-87C589DC8A08.jpeg

The real question is how ED manages to do this every patch. I mean how was this feature released without anyone noticing it was not working correctly? It is incredibly obvious, and would have taken only the most cursory of tests.

So just like 2.6, it means they probably did not test it.

Edited by KenobiOrder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, - Sonic - said:

maybe the "test" are us.....

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

The testers have always been us.

Unless you're interested in whether an A-10 can land and take off from the kuznetzov while saying morally questionable things, then there's another group that can test and answer those questions. 

Edited by Astronaut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12900K | MSI Z690 | STRIX RTX3090 | 64GB DDR4 3600MHz | NVMe Storage gen3 | Custom Loop | Valve Index

On 10/26/2021 at 7:23 PM, dundun92 said:

Not absurd actually (and, AFAIK, they already have modeled it 😄). The notch filter, and how small it is is directly correlated to SNR; radars can track targets even "through" the notch if the SNR remains high enough, and RCS will has a significant effect on SNR.

Of course it is absurd, you really think there should be varying levels of notching an AIM120 based on what are minute differences of RCS compared to what the ground actually is.

If a radar is capable of filtering ground clutter then these aircrafts different RCS values are going to make little difference.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

1 hour ago, Frostie said:

Of course it is absurd, you really think there should be varying levels of notching an AIM120 based on what are minute differences of RCS compared to what the ground actually is.

If a radar is capable of filtering ground clutter then these aircrafts different RCS values are going to make little difference.

Those differences are not minute. Your last sentence also makes no sense. It's not entirely about ground clutter but the SNR, RCS and distance returns. 

15 hours ago, Caster said:

This isn't normal 

I experienced something similar last weekend sitting on the backseat of Tiphys' Tomcat being chased by @Yaga:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

12 hours ago, - Sonic - said:

maybe the "test" are us.....

If you're using the Open Beta, then you officially are beta testing. This update that messed up the AMRAAM is not yet available on the stable version of DCS if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

5 hours ago, QuiGon said:

I experienced something similar last weekend sitting on the backseat of Tiphys' Tomcat being chased by @Yaga:

Can this be reproduced against other aircraft? So far 2 similar clips against a Cat. I've flown plenty since the patch and I've not seen anything THIS bad. My gut feeling tells me something is going on with the ECM (wouldn't be the first time).

18 minutes ago, TAW_Blaze said:

Can this be reproduced against other aircraft? So far 2 similar clips against a Cat. I've flown plenty since the patch and I've not seen anything THIS bad. My gut feeling tells me something is going on with the ECM (wouldn't be the first time).

Good point, as the RIO of that Tomcat I can at least confirm that our ECM was active.

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is an old issue (UXO had this issue on BlueFlag in Sept, tacview below). Again, the culprit being the CAT.

If an aircraft radar has lock and tracking, why is ECM still a factor in play?

• Like 2

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

5 hours ago, DCSoping said:

No i think it had to do with automatic 'blinking' ecm. F14 and Mirage. 

No. In all my experience within the new patch, both single player and multiplayer, it is NOT the ECMs on any aircraft causing the root problem. You can force AIM-120s to absolutely miss without much effort with the ECM turned off. 

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

I think there are two very different issues with the current AMRAAMs:

Issue 1: If the AMRAAM gets fired at an angle at the target (especially if it's close to 90°), it guides, but can build up so much lead that the target leaves the seeker gimbal limit of the missile and the missile goes stupid making it very easy to defeat. I have witnessed this happening against different types of aircraft since the recent AMRAAM guidance update got released.

Issue 2: Sometimes the AMRAAM just doesn't guide on the target at all, no matter what angle or distance, and just goes ballistic right away. This also started to happen since the recent AMRAAM guidance update, but this one I have only seen happening against Tomcats (with ECM on?) so far.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Issue 2: Sometimes the AMRAAM just doesn't guide on the target at all, no matter what angle or distance, and just goes ballistic right away. This also started to happen since the recent AMRAAM guidane update, but this one I have only happening against Tomcats (with ECM on?) so far.

Good catch,
all the videos in this thread show F-14 as the target.

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉