AIM-120s + All AIM-120 API Missiles in 2.7.7

DSplayer

6 hours ago, SchumiF399 said:

I haven't been playing much since the AMRAAM was bugged but I fired DCS up today and got an update, has the AMRAAM been fixed? 

Nope.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

23 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

Good catch,
all the videos in this thread show F-14 as the target.

Not the tomcat specifically, i just did a competitive match and against every jet we say the behavior above.  Ontop of that ECM usage is not allowed and it was still doing the behavior we've been seeing:
Tacview-20211031-100758-DCS-S21_Gud-Min.zip.acmi

On 10/31/2021 at 12:36 PM, TobiasA said:

My tests were against MiG-19s and at least three out of four 120s fail without seeing chaff or ECM. 

16 hours ago, nighthawk2174 said:

Not the tomcat specifically, i just did a competitive match and against every jet we say the behavior above.  Ontop of that ECM usage is not allowed and it was still doing the behavior we've been seeing:
Tacview-20211031-100758-DCS-S21_Gud-Min.zip.acmi

I will see myself out.

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

3 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

OF COURSE it's the tomcat :D:D:D:D:D:D 

I admire you for your very selective comprehension of the world. Must be nice to live a life where you only see and believe what you want. 

I should follow you, maybe I can find the same wisdom 🤦‍♂️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

I will see myself out.

Well obviously i looked at the tacview. But there is no mention where or to who it happens. 
So i've been looking for a few minutes but don't see what happens in the videos in this thread anywhere in there.  

Just saying "it's not tomcat i swear" and then posting some random tacview as if nobody is going to actually check your statement does not solve the problem. 

If it does happen like those videos to another plane, could you kindly point out who to follow in that tacview ?

edit* Anyone else can point me towards the event in that tacview that the poster is referring to ?  I really am not feeling like going through multiple tracks of multiple people trying to find that needle in haystack. (if it's even there)

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

6 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Just saying "it's not tomcat i swear" and then posting some random tacview as if nobody is going to actually check your statement does not solve the problem. 

I post a track of a AIM-120 losing the track of my F-16 after I  just pointing the nose down. I dont known, but a advanced missile like a AMRAAM would track someone after he just point to another direction.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

6 missiles from a few nautical miles away, only happens with F14 apparently because nobody can show me that happening to any other jet. 

Please do not come with the odd "aim 120 lost track that one time" bullcrap allright ?
That's not even close to what these tomcats are pulling off with their 'ecm' shield. 

Damn...I told you guys again and again.....don't use the force field so obviously. Let at least one missile go through, and after the shooter turned away switch on the auto repair system. That way we can keep our secrets longer....Oh yeah....and use the secret tunnel, so you won't take off from Area 51 but Nellis instead.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

6 missiles from a few nautical miles away, only happens with F14 apparently because nobody can show me that happening to any other jet. 

Please do not come with the odd "aim 120 lost track that one time" bullcrap allright ?
That's not even close to what these tomcats are pulling off with their 'ecm' shield. 

What about Mirage at last part of this record?

It's 4nm snapshot.

Also, It's my personal opinion right now, but I don't think this Active seeker issue is onboard ECM related matter. If the onboard ECM is a problem, same thing should happen against F-15C like aircraft also. 

And as I searched around DCS movie on YouTube, looks like it also happens on F/A-18C.

It's obviously not my video, but around 14:00 of his video, you can see 120C from within 7nm did some weird move too.

Edited by B503

15 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

F14 has different ECM.
It turns on and off really fast and that screws with DCS. 

And Mirage also has this on/off ECM indeed. 

This "ECM effect" has already  appeared before this active seeker update comes (In BVR, when launching on ECM active F-14, active seeking missile doesn't loft. But after burn-through range it lofts). And that update doesn't include any change on F-14's ECM.

If this is actually ECM related matter, the thing needs to be changed is model of active seeker's burn-through capability and HOJ capability. Not the whatever aircraft's ECM model.

• Like 2

Well now the 120’s magical powers of missing now will hit those playing the stable release.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 11/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Nice argument from ignorance you've got there, colour me several shades of shocked.

Why am I confident that this exact thing happening to any other aircraft than the one you're an anti-fanboy of will be treated as "AIM-120 lost track that one time"?

And you know this is ECM related how?

And even if it is, it's hardly the Tomcat's fault DCS' usual ECM modelling is so lacklustre.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:34 AM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

F14 has different ECM.
It turns on and off really fast and that screws with DCS.

It has exactly the same ECM, just its transmitting behaviour is controlled via the actual track-breaking logic of the real thing (i.e only transmits when a lock is detected, like the real DECM set), this is exactly like the Hornet's DECM, only the Hornet actually features track-breaking.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:34 AM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

And Mirage also has this on/off ECM indeed.

But I bet that's the Tomcat's fault too, right? Or alternatively, it's only a problem in the Tomcat?

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I hope they fix this fast, is killing MP.

Still haven't had a single 120 hit on a jet in MP yet, it's quite horrible..

In SP I've had some hits, but it's quite unreliable here too.  Whilst watching the missiles in F6 view I've noticed that they are doing a lot of jerky movements they never used to do, losing lock and wasting energy.

Edited by Hummingbird
  • Like 1

In SP I've had some hits, but it's quite unreliable here too.  Whilst watching the missiles in F6 view I've noticed that they are doing a lot of jerky movements they never used to do, losing lock and wasting energy.
I've had middling success in SP testing missions, but I noticed that no matter how much I pull up to give the missile the best loft angle possible, it will still pull Gs straight from the rail in order to pitch up and then pull negative Gs in order to pitch down to its desired trajectory.

I also noticed it doing jerky movements, especially against defending targets. So it now loses speed due to both of these things.
  • Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Harker said:

I've had middling success in SP testing missions, but I noticed that no matter how much I pull up to give the missile the best loft angle possible, it will still pull Gs straight from the rail in order to pitch up and then pull negative Gs in order to pitch down to its desired trajectory.

I also noticed it doing jerky movements, especially against defending targets. So it now loses speed due to both of these things.

Looks like current 120's guidance logic is way too sensitive against targets movement. I got the same issue too in MP.

When about to impact, missile oscillate itself possibly for over correction against target movement in relation to the missile itself. It makes this missile lose 100-200kt speed at over 30000ft(for this case before G counter jumps up from 1.3 to 14.3 at 1:28, AIM-120C got 1256kt TAS at 36945ft, impact speed at 1:29 is 1134kt TAS at 35274ft) right before the impact and sometimes almost make itself off the target. 

Edited by B503

Looks like current 120's guidance logic is way too sensitive against targets movement. I got the same issue too in MP.
When about to impact, missile oscillate itself possibly for over correction against target movement in relation to the missile itself. It makes this missile lose 100-200kt speed at over 30000ft(for this case before G counter jumps up from 1.3 to 14.3 at 1:28, AIM-120C got 1256kt TAS at 36945ft, impact speed at 1:29 is 1134kt TAS at 35274ft) right before the impact and sometimes almost make itself off the target. 
Could be. There is also something off in the way the missile guides itself to intercept the target, sometimes it'll pull too much lead and end up with the target outside the gimbal limits, as it gets closer.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

14 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Not sure how you manage that. I haven't flown too much in public in the recent weeks, but for instance a few days ago 2 flights on GS with a Viper and 10 kills out of 12 AMRAAMs fired.

It has some new issues, but it's far from being useless.

14 hours ago, Harker said:

The lofting never worked like it should. So not surprising that it still doesn't work. A few patches ago you could make them loft 90 degrees up if you wanted to.

I noticed the weird oscillations too, sometimes the nose of the missile will keep rotating in circles bleeding a lot of unnecessary airspeed. Unsure what triggers it, I've only seen it a few times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAW_Blaze said:

15 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Expand  

Not sure how you manage that. I haven't flown too much in public in the recent weeks, but for instance a few days ago 2 flights on GS with a Viper and 10 kills out of 12 AMRAAMs fired.

I think both of you should tell about launch parameters.

How long and how high? How is your speed??