AIM-120s + All AIM-120 API Missiles in 2.7.7

DSplayer

33 minutes ago, Soulres said:

120s seemed to find each other,fuel tanks and friendlies and kill them just fine. 

and 120s that seem to shoot you down every night seem to hit you just fine when they are shot by someone who knows how to shoot them.

Think all this shows is a big chunk of 120 spammers have the flight IQ of DCS Ai from 2005. 

*edit* the lazy route of adding in 50 ai spamming amramms so you dont have to do 50 seperate tests kinda didnt help ya here. just sayin'

I guess you didn't read the part that said "not my video"

Anyway, the point was out of like 200 missiles only 30 or whatever managed to intercept (clearly I'm not counting them), this discussion is not about tactics. Switchology and error in missile employment can be a factor, but it is not the only reason why an AMRAAM is missing consistently right now, they are definitely bugged/tuned incorrectly.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

2 hours ago, Hotel Tango said:

THIS is more relevant. How can anyone say that this is working as intended? lol

ps: It ain't the meme-14

All those AMRAAMs do guide! They just guide incredibly poorly.
That's a different issue than AMRAAMs not guiding at all, which I have only seen against F-14s so far!

On 11/8/2021 at 5:44 PM, QuiGon said:

There seems to be a difference though that sets the F-14 apart from the other modules, as AMRAAMs sometimes seem to not guide at all on jamming Tomcats, whereas against other fighters they do try to intercept but perform very badly in doing so.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

52 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

All those AMRAAMs do guide! They just guide incredibly poorly.
That's a different issue than AMRAAMs not guiding at all, which I have only seen against F-14s so far!

I'm not defending the Tomcat, there are 2 clearly difeferent bugs(Amraam terrible guidance/ Tomcat with ECM), but people are trying to deny the first by using the other one, ok?

• Like 1

HRP | Derby
"Wardog, launch!"

1 hour ago, Hotel Tango said:

I'm not defending the Tomcat, there are 2 clearly difeferent bugs(Amraam terrible guidance/ Tomcat with ECM), but people are trying to deny the first by using the other one, ok?

Gotcha, yeah, there are definitely two different issues there, both resulting from the recent AMRAAM guidance updates.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

6 hours ago, Hobel said:

Why don't they just give us back the status before the changes?

Not perfect either but far better than that. 😞

Well, I generally really like the way they're going with the changes, trying to actually simulate the seeker hat, it's limits and proper INS/DL guidance. Obviously that needs to be refined quiet a bit, but it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg

The changes have great potential to improve the realism when all missiles use the updated system, and will allow better ECM modelling in the future. So firstly well done to ED for implementing this.

It's expected that things will be a bit buggy at first, but closed beta should really find major problems like this. Even then, it was reported in open beta and there is really no excuse for pushing it to stable.

ED's improved testing procedures seem to be slipping back to the old ways, making the stable version pointless again. PLEASE ED, hold back stable releases until major issues like this are fixed in open beta.

• Like 2

From todays newsletter:

AIM-120 AMRAAM

Development Progress

Hero1.png

Thank you for your continued patience and support since the initial release of the updated AMRAAM model. This sophisticated weapon has demanded quite deep remodelling and debugging and we found several issues in the missile velocity search and tracking algorithms. We have also made substantial improvements to HOJ and visual modes. The next stages of development are realistic range gating modelling to enhance the missile's onboard radar to contend with strong ground clutter returns.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

20 minutes ago, henshao said:

SerpentineAgitatedBass-max-1mb.gif As soon as you get the slightest lead in multiplayer. : acecombat

forgive me but that brought back memories, does the JF-17 transform into a robot?

🤣 In DCS World 2135 we'll have Gundam 😉

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:45 PM, MARLAN_ said:

Relevant video that I found (not my video)

https://streamable.com/5kt8fn

Lmao thats me and one of my squad mates posted it. The SPJ pod effects the AIM-120 super weirdly in singleplayer with and it kinda blinks or just outright causes the missiles to not track at all (which it doesnt do against other missiles like the SD-10, AIM-54. It also doesn't do this in multiplayer).

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 11/9/2021 at 4:46 AM, B503 said:

Same thing happens to F-15C also even before this update. If you're shooting against jamming F-15C or F-14A/B, your missile doesn't go loft and just fly straight. Looks like this update heavily worsened 120/SD-10's CCM capability and seeker itself, and that's why the "meme 14 thing" happen. F-14's and heatblur shouldn't be blamed or made fun of.

Relax: this normal and works as designed. You are in Home-On-Jam (HOJ) mode. This means you do not have range information only angular -> therefore the only reasonable thing to do is send the missile flying at angle X and angle Y, with no lofting. 

Also may I point out to everyone that jamming will affect both the launch platform and missile (the point of this update), where the later active seeker head, despite lower range at which it operates also has less power to illuminate the target.

My guess is that the pitbull range is calculated without ECM in play, therefore you probably need to support your missile just a bit longer.

Edited by okopanja

11 hours ago, okopanja said:

Relax: this normal and works as designed. You are in Home-On-Jam (HOJ) mode. This means you do not have range information only angular -> therefore the only reasonable thing to do is send the missile flying at angle X and angle Y, with no lofting. 

Also may I point out to everyone that jamming will affect both the launch platform and missile (the point of this update), where the later active seeker head, despite lower range at which it operates also has less power to illuminate the target.

My guess is that the pitbull range is calculated without ECM in play, therefore you probably need to support your missile just a bit longer.

Sorry for confusing you, but I know about HOJ mode.

I wanted to mean, HOJ mode and burnthrough capability which is affected in worse way is cause of the "meme 14 thing" first. F-15C's case is just an example..

Edited by B503

Planned for today. Lets see if the AIM-120 gets better.

• Like 1

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

I can certainly tell you why AMRAAMs often don't hit in multiplayer games: Sync issues. For example, I recently engaged this AI Hornet on a PvE server and was wondering why none of my four attempts to intercept it with AMRAAMs was successful. It became quite clear when I reviewed the telemetry: This Hornet froze and then jumped every couple seconds, as you can see in the track display. Its speed first drops to less than 100 kcas (it's might actually be 0 kcas and some smoothing of the speed calculations is going on), then suddenly jumps to Mach 9.2.

Right before the missile would probably have hit, that Hornet just magically jumped away a couple hundred feet.

Tele_1.png

Tele_2.png

Tele_3.png

Tele_4.png

Tele_5.png

Slightly better overall but nothing has changed as 120s still miss.

• Like 3

One step fwd, ten steps back!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir