Full right Rudder Travel not available

Denwagg

Latest Beta Im loosing complete right rudder travel only have about 60 percent In the hind on some quick start missions. If I pause and go adjust controls axes is shows rudder travel is correct and calibrated correctly. The Actual rudder pedals also do not show complete deflection on the right rudder. If I start from a cold setup I have correct rudder travel. Seems like the quick start missions that are already started up have the problem.

regards

Edited by Denwagg

• Denwagg changed the title to Full right Rudder Travel not available
26 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

Latest Beta Im loosing complete right rudder travel only have about 60 percent In the hind on some quick start missions. If I pause and go adjust controls axes is shows rudder travel is correct and calibrated correctly. The Actual rudder pedals also do not show complete deflection on the right rudder. If I start from a cold setup I have correct rudder travel. Seems like the quick start missions that are already started up have the problem.

regards

On your cold start, do you engage SPUU52? It's engaged in hot start.

• Like 1

Yes its engaged at startup on cold starts. The problem occurs on hot starts not on cold starts. And it only affects the right rudder. Which is critical because I need more right torque on landings. I can reproduce it every time on the Caucasus free flight in the quick start missions for the Mi-24P. Not sure if if affects other planes will check. Using Thrustmaster TPR pedals

Just check the A10C-2. I have full rudder travel on it on hot starts. Version 277.14727

Edited by Denwagg

Just check the MI-8 only have about 85-90 percent travel on it. Check the UH-1H Full Travel! Something is screwy. I have full travel on Syria Border Patrol Instant Action Once again only about 50-60 percent deflection on right rudder on the Instant Action Caucasus Free Flight. Perhaps it only affects Flights that start in the air on Pause not sure

Edited by Denwagg

Just created a mission starting in the air with the hind. Same issue 60 percent right rudder travel when I change that mission to start hot from ramp I get full deflection of rudder. So it looks like it only affects Missions that start the Hind in the air on pause. Thats what Im seeing

I noticed this today while practicing a bit with the Hind, for some reason the rudder trim on the Hind has a tendency to drift to the left over time, or during some maneuvers (can't identify which ones though).

Over the mission I noticed that the rudder didn't always come back to center when I let go of my rudder pedals, and I had to reset trim to get everything lined up again. I must have done this at least 3 times during the mission, but it kept happening. NOTE: Rudder trim is OFF in my special settings.

This also happened to my friend yesterday when we tested the Hind in the same mission, but in multiplayer. When he came back for a landing, he found that he couldn't get the rudder all the way to the right, and had trouble keeping the Hind from spinning on the way down. He also has rudder trim turned off.

Checking in Windows, the actual functioning of our rudder pedals seems to be fine, they centered the same as ever, and reach both 0 and 100% inputs, so no issues there. The Hind is the only aircraft in DCS that has given us issues like this so far, across FC3, A-10C II, Ka-50, UH-1H, Gazelle, F-16C, JF-17 and M-2000C.

Track file (too big to fit as an attachment): https://anonfiles.com/Hf3058R1u3/Hind_mystery_death_zip

Named as "mystery death", because I saved the track file for what happened at the end, where suddenly my engines caught fire and my rotor blade broke minutes before reaching the aircraft carrier I was intending to land on, without any real cause that I could see.

Edited by jubuttib
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jubuttib said:

I noticed this today while practicing a bit with the Hind, for some reason the rudder trim on the Hind has a tendency to drift to the left over time, or during some maneuvers (can't identify which ones though).

Over the mission I noticed that the rudder didn't always come back to center when I let go of my rudder pedals, and I had to reset trim to get everything lined up again. I must have done this at least 3 times during the mission, but it kept happening. NOTE: Rudder trim is OFF in my special settings.

This also happened to my friend yesterday when we tested the Hind in the same mission, but in multiplayer. When he came back for a landing, he found that he couldn't get the rudder all the way to the right, and had trouble keeping the Hind from spinning on the way down. He also has rudder trim turned off.

Checking in Windows, the actual functioning of our rudder pedals seems to be fine, they centered the same as ever, and reach both 0 and 100% inputs, so no issues there. The Hind is the only aircraft in DCS that has given us issues like this so far, across FC3, A-10C II, Ka-50, UH-1H, Gazelle, F-16C, JF-17 and M-2000C.

Track file (too big to fit as an attachment): https://anonfiles.com/Hf3058R1u3/Hind_mystery_death_zip

Named as "mystery death", because I saved the track file for what happened at the end, where suddenly my engines caught fire and my rotor blade broke minutes before reaching the aircraft carrier I was intending to land on, without any real cause that I could see.

Yaw autopilot does that. That's the precise reason why I don't use it. The way it works in real life is difficult to implement on our non force feedback rudder pedals, so imo the yaw autopilot channel is not usable in its current implementation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnuggleFairy said:

Yaw autopilot does that. That's the precise reason why I don't use it. The way it works in real life is difficult to implement on our non force feedback rudder pedals, so imo the yaw autopilot channel is not usable in its current implementation

The problem is that the yaw autopilot channel was fighting against it (it was trying to correct to the right), and turning the yaw channel off didn't actually return it to center. So I'm thinking it's something else, or a bug in the current implementation.

2 minutes ago, jubuttib said:

The problem is that the yaw autopilot channel was fighting against it (it was trying to correct to the right), and turning the yaw channel off didn't actually return it to center. So I'm thinking it's something else, or a bug in the current implementation.

Turning it off doesn't return it to center. Only resetting trim does. It's the yaw channel. Try to never turn it on and you'll see the behavior disappear