Damage of the BAP-100 Anti RWY Bombs

felixx75

Using BAP as low level cluster-like munitions against ships. That is not a bad idea. Obviously in RW, chances of M2KC of doing that to any carrier or LHA of any nation is highly unlikely. But as munitions against helicopter at-sea bases , which are just converted bulk,  or supertankers, is something that is worth exploring. 

Not that DCS models damage to vehicles this way, but BAP are designed to penetrate concrete, not concrete reinforced with steel armor like on carrier decks. You might probably do *some* damage to it assuming you get close enough (which is a hilariously wrong assumption anyway), but you definitely won't have the same effect you would have on a runway. And given how impractical that kind of attack on a carrier is, it's honestly perfectly fine if it's not modeled well anyway.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Using BAP as low level cluster-like munitions against ships. That is not a bad idea. Obviously in RW, chances of M2KC of doing that to any carrier or LHA of any nation is highly unlikely. But as munitions against helicopter at-sea bases , which are just converted bulk,  or supertankers, is something that is worth exploring. 

For cluster bombs you have BLG66 Beluga, why doing wrong when you can do it right ? (even if Beluga doesn't work the way it should yet)

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Actually, I dont even see BAP-100 as an available munition. Is there a script mod that allows this? How in bloody hell are they getting those munitions. 

Unfortunately, I aint asking Grim Reapers on. Perhaps its just me. Buy I just don't see anything worthwhile to learn from them, Except, for now, the BAP-100. OMG their tutorials are terrible. Its holy shrike Batman, these people, especially their leader have no clue how to instruct. Their 'what if' scenarios use mods that are just different geometry on existing DCS type. 

The most absurd one is F-22A vs SU-57. F-22 mod, they have, uses F-15C from FC3 flight model. SU-57 mod is SU-27. So really its just FC3 F-15C vs. FC3 SU-27.

7 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

Center hard point only! It’s a rack of 18 bombs 

I have the latest build of DCS. Updated yesterday. Sadly, I have to call, well I don't what to call it. Except to say it aint so  Joe. It aint so! There is NO BAP-100 available as monition for Mirage 2000C player aircraft. On any station. So it has to be a mod script.

NO_BAP_100_for Mir2KC.jpg

Mine too. Use them all the time. Do you think it’s a forum-wide conspiracy to hide this “mod script” from you and convince you it’s actually an available weapon?

we’re telling you, BAP on center station (bombs). Unless you are running an old version

2 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I have the latest build of DCS. Updated yesterday. Sadly, I have to call, well I don't what to call it. Except to say it aint so  Joe. It aint so! There is NO BAP-100 available as monition for Mirage 2000C player aircraft. On any station. So it has to be a mod script.

NO_BAP_100_for Mir2KC.jpg

Centerline is hardpoint 5 not 6.

Edit: Picture for posterity. Running latest open beta, only mods are the planes listed down in my sig.
2c2e689233.jpg

Edited by PiratexCore
added picture

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

On 10/29/2021 at 1:58 AM, jojo said:

For cluster bombs you have BLG66 Beluga, why doing wrong when you can do it right ? (even if Beluga doesn't work the way it should yet)

If the munitions has flexibility and effectiveness on an unintended target type , there no reason not to consider it. A strike pkg element carrying BAP-100 ,could be retasked in, flight, to a pop up target ot alternate. If the munitions detonate, it will produce schockwave and shrapnel regardless of warhead type. BAP-100 dropped on enemy infantry,  close to overrunning friendly position, is preferable,  to no munitions dropped. 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:28 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

If the munitions has flexibility and effectiveness on an unintended target type , there no reason not to consider it. A strike pkg element carrying BAP-100 ,could be retasked in, flight, to a pop up target ot alternate. If the munitions detonate, it will produce schockwave and shrapnel regardless of warhead type. BAP-100 dropped on enemy infantry,  close to overrunning friendly position, is preferable,  to no munitions dropped. 

What you describe is BAT120.

A flight tasked to attack an airfield and disable its runway with BAP100 wouldn't be re-tasked to perform CAS. This is wishful thinking.
BAP100 missions are heavily planned, not just load and patrol in case of...

Your 30mm will just work as well if not better against infantry.

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi