FLAT SHADOWS OFF removes GROUND MOUNTAIN CAST SHADOWING

Gryzor

Please allow some option that allows removeing ground objetcs flat shadowing, BUT leaving enabled ground mountain cast shadowing. With previous versions, we could have this by editing flatshadow.hlsl file (in older versiones like 2.7.6 and others) in metashaders folder. But now it is impossible.

I attach 2 screenshots. The top one you can see terrain shadowing from mountain. The down picture, you can see that terrain cast shadowing is removed also with the selection of "FLAT SHADOW OFF", which I consider a bug. Terraing cast shadowing are not flat shadows like ones produced by ground objects.

I also attach older flatshadow.hlsl file with modification that allows us to have flat objects shadows disabled without touching terrain cast shadoing, only by putting "return position = 0;" into that file. Thanks.

MOUNTAIN CAST SHADOWING ENABLED

Screen_210812_173404.png

MOUNTAIN CAST SHADOWING DISABLED (by putting in options "FLAT SHADOWS OFF"):
Screen_210812_173453.png

flatshadow.hlsl

• Like 1

I second this. Mustang's mod worked great for this, but now that the shader file has been encrypted we can't use the mod anymore. 

• Like 2

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

• 1 month later...