[BUG REPORT] - Burning vehicles fire trail is super long across the ground (looks like a doc browns time machine)

HC_Official

• HC_Official changed the title to [BUG REPORT] - Burning vehicles fire trail is super long across the ground (looks like a doc browns time machine)
20 hours ago, Flappie said:

This was reported some months ago. This bug seems to be triggered by certain wind conditions and explosion force (a lower or bigger explosion wouldn't produce vertical flames).

Note the funny thing about this .. if you think about it ................ this is not far off what a Napalm effect on the ground would be

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Yeh its been an issue for some time and very dependent on high winds. They can get crazy stupid as you can see.

What I have noticed though is that its only affecting vehicles that are "cooking off". When they finally pop (where they become a non solid asset and you can pass through them) the issue goes away as I assume a new smoke stack is generated?(the colour is different too)

Non cooking off smoke does not affect FPS. The cooking off smoke kills FPS due to the size of it, im guessing. Really wish ED implemented a slider for smoke and cluster/particle effects as these really are killing FPS for me across the board. Id be happy for them to be turned off completely on my system (even with the knock on effect on "immersion")

DCS Issues 2.png

DCS Issues 3.png

DCS Issues 4.png

DCS Issues 5.png

DCS Issues 8.png

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria