Disabling the Asset Pack

StevanJ

Can we get a button that disables the asset pack when mission making?
Is there a way to do this without uninstalling it every time?
Ie I want to build a mission for the mosquito without the asset pack for my friends..
There's no need to uninstall or disable, simply every time You add an object (unit or static) do not put in Assett pack contents. If You wanna check it open the unit browser and in the lsst column there's indicated if assett pack is required for that unit or not.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

There's no need to uninstall or disable, simply every time You add an object (unit or static) do not put in Assett pack contents. If You wanna check it open the unit browser and in the lsst column there's indicated if assett pack is required for that unit or not.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Trust me, we need a button that disables the Assets, scrolling through the list of the assets just to find to the ones that aren't in the pack is frustrating even in historic mode.

I would not ask if it wasn't desperately needed.

I end up uninstalling it as it saves time when mission making.

• Like 1

On the Module Manager, the green switch enables/disables the Module, without uninstalling it. To uninstall, use the trashcan icon:

nGHu1IM.jpg

Unfortunately, the enable/disable requires a Sim restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

On the Module Manager, the green switch enables/disables the Module, without uninstalling it. To uninstall, use the trashcan icon:

nGHu1IM.jpg

Unfortunately, the enable/disable requires a Sim restart.

Boom! Exactly what I was looking for.. 

Many thanks! 

This will save me countless uninstalls.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Boom! Exactly what I was looking for.. 

Many thanks! 

This will save me countless uninstalls.

Or alternatively, you could have your friends just enable the module.... Just funnin wit ya StevanJ, I know you run with a pretty tough crowd. Glad to see you found a solution.

• Like 2

When I'm doing the same StevenJ, I try to remember them as pairs of basic types:

AAA - Flak18 88mm + Bofors 40mm

Tank - Panzer IV + Sherman M4

APC - Sd.Kfz.251 + M2A1

Truck - Opel Blitz + Bedford MWD

Aircraft - A-20G only

No ships.

Edited by DD_Fenrir

12 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Or alternatively, you could have your friends just enable the module.... Just funnin wit ya StevanJ, I know you run with a pretty tough crowd. Glad to see you found a solution.

They haven't bought the module that's why I'm not using it.

Keep the discussion ON TOPIC!

Every time you chime in, you try to take the discussion off topic.

Stop.

2 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

When I'm doing the same StevenJ, I try to remember them as pairs of basic types:

AAA - Flak18 88mm + Bofors 40mm

Tank - Panzer IV + Sherman M4

APC - Sd.Kfz.251 + M2A1

Truck - Opel Blitz + Bedford MWD

Aircraft - A-20G only

No ships.

Yeah, I know what they are, just easier to eliminate them from the menu by disabling the module.

Thanks anyway.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StevanJ said:

They haven't bought the module that's why I'm not using it.

Keep the discussion ON TOPIC!

Every time you chime in, you try to take the discussion off topic.

Stop.

Yeah, I know what they are, just easier to eliminate them from the menu by disabling the module.

Thanks anyway.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be off topic as much as I was trying to be lighthearted, but I am really glad you found a solution to your problem. And you probably helped a lot of mission builders save a lot of time as well.:xmas:

I have never used them yet myself, but I was wondering if the template feature couldn't also be used to help mission builders with the problem of having to separate free vs paid assets? I thought there were more free assets, but if DD_Fenrir's list is correct, templates might be another useful way for mission builders to handle the issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Sorry I wasn't trying to be off topic as much as I was trying to be lighthearted, but I am really glad you found a solution to your problem. And you probably helped a lot of mission builders save a lot of time as well.:xmas:

I have never used them yet myself, but I was wondering if the template feature couldn't also be used to help mission builders with the problem of having to separate free vs paid assets? I thought there were more free assets, but if DD_Fenrir's list is correct, templates might be another useful way for mission builders to handle the issue.

What are you on about? The issue is solved!
How is a template going to help me disable the asset pack?

• Thanks 1

I thought you, or someone else having the same issue might be interested in solving it without having to disable the module. The question I asked was if you knew whether using templates could be an alternate solution? It seems to me that they could also be used for this purpose. Forgive me for making a suggestion, and I am glad your issue is solved!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

I thought you, or someone else having the same issue might be interested in solving it without having to disable the module. The question I asked was if you knew whether using templates could be an alternate solution? It seems to me that they could also be used for this purpose. Forgive me for making a suggestion, and I am glad your issue is solved!

I specifically asked and wanted to disable the module, which is why your post is very unhelpful..

The problem is in the post title.

In my opening post I ask for insight into something I might of missed as a solution to my problem.

It was resolved- by disabling the pack in the module manager, something I never thought of doing.

A template has nothing to do with helping anyone disable the pack..

Please! Stay On Topic..

Hijacking a post and then suggesting that a solution to the problem, is 'the people that don't have it should install it' is not helpful, and has nothing to do with my post or disabling the Asset pack.

It dilutes the post and fills it with nonsensical input. Which is unhelpful.

Unless you are going to be helpful towards the topic, please don't contribute to the post..

Nobody needs a 'well done' unless they ask for it just hit the like button.

• Like 1

Wind your neck in chum.

You're not the only user who might benefit from the information posted in these boards, and - god-forbid - someone else might not want to go through the rigmarole of disabling the module (and remembering to re-enabling thereafter) if there are other options THEY might find more convenient.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Wind your neck in chum.

You're not the only user who might benefit from the information posted in these boards, and - god-forbid - someone else might not want to go through the rigmarole of disabling the module (and remembering to re-enabling thereafter) if there are other options THEY might find more convenient.

Yes, you mean like a button in the Mission Editor?

• Like 1

Why are you so hostile StevanJ? I am glad that you seem to really like the direction Rudel pointed you in. That is great, but it doesn't close the discussion to other suggestions.

You asked a question, but you also expanded on that by adding that your level of frustration was causing you to actually uninstall the module. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, using templates might help prevent them from having to uninstall/deactivate the module. You might even consider using it yourself, but then again, your free not to. 

While I intended to simply point out another usable feature of the Mission Editor, you seem intent on causing argumentation. No one is trying to bait you into a fight StevanJ, we're just having a discussion on a public forum.

• Like 4