Crabbing

I’m not sure if this is the right place, does anyone seem to think that the hind seems to crab a lot. For example I trim for level flight and speed, within a few seconds I have to adjust my rudder trim to compensate for torque when my speed or collective position hasn’t changed. 
This is without rudder trim in the settings and happens with both yaw ap on or off. If I left it unchecked it would rotate to almost 90degress from heading before I lose control. 
If I adjust pedal position to compensate I am at full control authority after a couple of minutes, when I have to reset trim and turn back towards the heading I originally trimmed for. 
Is this normal behaviour? I understand you need to use your pedals to control torque and that’s normal  but have to constantly correct in one direction till you run out of authority doesn’t seem normal and isn’t like any helicopter in dcs. 
I understand there’s a “trim” bug that didn’t get fixed but this is different 

Edit: I think, I missed the point.

Will try to recreate first….

Edit: Nope, could not recreate. Either I didn't understand your issue correctly or it wasn't there for me. One thing, that I came to my mind is, that you may fight the computer. E.g. the AP route mode as a possible culprit. Just guessing. Sorry....

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

4 hours ago, scampaboy said:

I’m not sure if this is the right place, does anyone seem to think that the hind seems to crab a lot. For example I trim for level flight and speed, within a few seconds I have to adjust my rudder trim to compensate for torque when my speed or collective position hasn’t changed. 
This is without rudder trim in the settings and happens with both yaw ap on or off. If I left it unchecked it would rotate to almost 90degress from heading before I lose control. 
If I adjust pedal position to compensate I am at full control authority after a couple of minutes, when I have to reset trim and turn back towards the heading I originally trimmed for. 
Is this normal behaviour? I understand you need to use your pedals to control torque and that’s normal  but have to constantly correct in one direction till you run out of authority doesn’t seem normal and isn’t like any helicopter in dcs. 
I understand there’s a “trim” bug that didn’t get fixed but this is different 

OK, can you describe how you decide you are straight&level?

15 hours ago, admiki said:

OK, can you describe how you decide you are straight&level?

VSI, artificial horizon, bank angle, compass, the little yaw bubble under the artificial horizon. You know basic instrument flying 🤷‍♂️ 
Are those instruments lying to me ? If they are we have a really big problem 😂😂😂

19 hours ago, Hiob said:

Edit: I think, I missed the point.

Will try to recreate first….

Edit: Nope, could not recreate. Either I didn't understand your issue correctly or it wasn't there for me. One thing, that I came to my mind is, that you may fight the computer. E.g. the AP route mode as a possible culprit. Just guessing. Sorry....

Hi 

I don’t use route mode, I generally don’t fly using yaw AP. 
I originally thought it may have been I was using too much collective but it was happening even when I reduced it to lower levels. Thought it may have been wind reduced that to zero and the issue was still there. I’ll make a video later this evening. 

8 minutes ago, scampaboy said:

VSI, artificial horizon, bank angle, compass, the little yaw bubble under the artificial horizon. You know basic instrument flying 🤷‍♂️ 
Are those instruments lying to me ? If they are we have a really big problem 😂😂😂

No, watching those instrument is fine, and they should not lie.

Another thing you could use as reference though, is to point the fixed cross hair at a reference point at a medium distance.

In a really good coordinated flight it should be pinned there without the need for adjusting the anti-torque...

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

No, watching those instrument is fine, and they should not lie.

Another thing you could use as reference though, is to point the fixed cross hair at a reference point at a medium distance.

In a really good coordinated flight it should be pinned there without the need for adjusting the anti-torque...

The instrument thing wasn’t aimed at you just a silly question. 

I aim to trim with as little anti - torque as possible if at higher speed. That’s why this is throwing me because after a short time of Co ordinated flight I’m having to use anti - torque to keep that sight on its reference point and that bubble in its place. It’s to be expected after ten mins flight but not with in 30 to 40 seconds.

My heading isn’t changing as such just the yaw, I would expect to have to retrim them all. 

38 minutes ago, scampaboy said:

The instrument thing wasn’t aimed at you just a silly question. 

I aim to trim with as little anti - torque as possible if at higher speed. That’s why this is throwing me because after a short time of Co ordinated flight I’m having to use anti - torque to keep that sight on its reference point and that bubble in its place. It’s to be expected after ten mins flight but not with in 30 to 40 seconds.

My heading isn’t changing as such just the yaw, I would expect to have to retrim them all. 

I didn't take it as an offense. Some instruments can be off after a while. But I think that is not the case with your problem.

Have you set the rudder trim in the special options?

I'm curious about your video though!

Edited by Hiob

13 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I didn't take it as an offense. Some instruments can be off after a while. But I think that is not the case with your problem.

Have you set the rudder trim in the special options?

I'm curious about your video though!

For that particular aircraft I have it set off, I’ll make a video when I’m home from work/kids are in bed 

6 hours ago, scampaboy said:

Hi 

I don’t use route mode, I generally don’t fly using yaw AP. 
I originally thought it may have been I was using too much collective but it was happening even when I reduced it to lower levels. Thought it may have been wind reduced that to zero and the issue was still there. I’ll make a video later this evening. 

Did not mean to offend you. Only thing that will show you that you are really straight in trimmed flight is compass. Just because ADI shows wing level doesn't mean you wont turn.

Anyway, to get back on OP. I am not really sure what is going on, but track file would help. Not video, track. Does it happen in cold helicopter, hot, both?

45 minutes ago, admiki said:

Did not mean to offend you. Only thing that will show you that you are really straight in trimmed flight is compass. 

How does the compass tell if you‘re crabbing? 

2 hours ago, admiki said:

Did not mean to offend you. Only thing that will show you that you are really straight in trimmed flight is compass. Just because ADI shows wing level doesn't mean you wont turn.

Anyway, to get back on OP. I am not really sure what is going on, but track file would help. Not video, track. Does it happen in cold helicopter, hot, both?

There’s no f14 in the mission so a track shouldn’t be a problem 👍