PTO campaigns and maps

DmitriKozlowsky

LOL, I was thinking more like Godzilla - eating one Island at a time! 🗾🐲 🤣

I am just thankful to be getting the Marianas in a WWII format - sometime in the future.

But although that is a very ambitious list, it sure would be sweet to get one of the smaller Islands/Atolls like Midway/Kure, Wake or Iwo Jima, down the line.

Especially if they expand the WWII Pacific inventory and Assets pack with Aircraft & Carriers.

Would be much smaller than Marianas & hopefully, relatively less work?

They did such an amazing job with the Marianas,I can only drool at how beautiful a Midway/Kure atoll would look with the new wave action & sea state, and especially where the environment engine seems to be going...but enough dreaming, bring on Marianas WWII 🤩    

• Like 2

I wouldn't recommend Wake.  There is enough empty big blue in Marianas.  Although having some VMFA-211 action would be cool (we would need another airplane first - one that will likely not happen), the limited land options just aren't really worth it.  If we were going to get another Pacific map I wouldn't mind Okinawa, and it would make sense for ED because its another location that could be used in modern as well as WW2.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

@rkk01   @AG-51_Razor

The US capture of The Marianas, especially Tinian, led directly to the end of the war.

The Enola Gay took off from Tinian to bomb Hiroshima.

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

1 hour ago, rayrayblues said:

@rkk01   @AG-51_Razor

The US capture of The Marianas, especially Tinian, led directly to the end of the war.

The Enola Gay took off from Tinian to bomb Hiroshima.

Quite right…

… but I can’t see much point in having the islands in US hands (from a combat flight sim perspective)

hopefully we will get some more news, images and videos over the summer

• Like 2

Rayrayblues, you are right but then one could make a similar argument about the invasion of the Marshalls or the Carolines, Kawajaline or going back to the Philippines. The Solomon campaign started with the invasion of Guadalcanal in Aug of '42 and ended with the taking of Bouganville in November of '43. Some say it ended with the conclusion of hostilities of WWII in Aug of '45. The thing about the Solomon Islands is that it encompasses a fairly large area that was faught over for more than a year in some of the most brutal battles seen in the Pacific. There were air battles, land battles and naval battles. For our purposes in DCS, it provides an almost infinite number of possibilities for the mission builders and fertile ground for the module builders.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/16/2022 at 3:22 AM, rkk01 said:

Quite right…

… but I can’t see much point in having the islands in US hands (from a combat flight sim perspective)

hopefully we will get some more news, images and videos over the summer

The proper iteration of Marianas WWll would be for it to be already occupied by the Japanese.

Then of course we would need the appropriate Japanese assets to go with it.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:43 AM, AG-51_Razor said:

Rayrayblues, you are right but then one could make a similar argument about the invasion of the Marshalls or the Carolines, Kawaja line or going back to the Philippines. The Solomon campaign started with the invasion of Guadalcanal in Aug of '42 and ended with the taking of Bougainville in November of '43. Some say it ended with the conclusion of hostilities of WWII in Aug of '45. The thing about the Solomon Islands is that it encompasses a fairly large area that was fought over for more than a year in some of the most brutal battles seen in the Pacific. There were air battles, land battles and naval battles. For our purposes in DCS, it provides an almost infinite number of possibilities for the mission builders and fertile ground for the module builders.

You are correct. My point was that the capture of the Marianas was a key strategic location,

putting our bomber fleet in striking range of the Japanese mainland. Many sorties were flown

from Tinian before the big bombs, dealing massive damage in Tokyo, Kobe and more.

I am proud of my father who served beginning in 1944 at the battles on Saipan and Tinian then on to Iwo Jima.

This was his ship. USS McNair - Wikipedia

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU