PIMAX Monster 12k, Eyes tracking, INSIDE OUT and Much more !!

ICARIVS

On 12/18/2021 at 11:43 PM, Harlikwin said:

Irrelevant to DCS, it uses 1 core. 

Yeppp, forgot about that... Isn't it about time DCS gets its CPU an extension! 

With all the modules, assets, mods, etc, it's a miracle how with one core they manage to get the job done. I fear soon the DCS One Piston Engine will soon crash against the digital sound barrier and won't keep pace with the complexities of the future sixth-generation digital fighters.

Edited by BiBa

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Some info has emerged 

Pimax 12K QLED Trade-In Program

Trade-in Value and which headsets are eligible:

1. Any Existing Pimax headset can be traded-in.

2. Trade-in Value is what you actually paid for only the headset itself.

3. If the audio strap came pre-installed the price with the audio is used.

4. No accessories can be traded-in.

5. Only 1 headset can be traded per transaction.

6. There is a Limit 1 12K QLED headset per customer.

7. Value cannot be greater than the MSRP of the headset.

Required Information to qualify:

1. You must have proof of purchase that contains the price you paid, where you bought it and the date.

2. Purchases from eBay are OK provided that you can provide the receipt.

3. You will have to register via a trade-in portal we launch in 2022.

4. You must be located in North America, The EU, The United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea or China to qualify.

5. Program ends 12 months after the first 12K QLED Shipment.

When and Where Do the Trade-in’s need to be shipped?

1. The local freight for the shipment to the collection point is borne by the trade-in customer.

2. You do not have to ship your headset to China, we are using collection points listed below.

3. Collection Points will be located in: The United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Canada and Australia

4. We can allocate additional collection points if needed at a later date.

5. Once registered you will be notified 2 weeks before an 12K QLED that is allocated to you is ready to ship.

6. Your new headset will not be dispatched until we have received the trade-in headset and inspected the contents of your package to ensure it is the headset you registered for the trade.

7. Shipping will occur primarily from the collection points.

8. Coupons that CAN be added:

9. The original 8K to 5K+ coupon is worth $100

10. Wireless module coupon is worth $100 and we are doubling it’s value to $200.

11. Both coupons can be stacked to have an additional $300 deduction.

12. All other coupons (except cash coupons for refunds) cannot be added.

13. I backed 2 Kickstarter Projects, can I enjoy the the stack discount of 2 wireless coupon?
    Please contact our customer service team about this or any other issue related to coupons. As a general rule coupons cannot be used in any manner other than what is described in the program details.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

Regards,
    Your Pimax Team.

Questions and Answers:

If I wish to purchase more than one 12K OLED headset via this trade-in program, what should I do?
    You may need to contact with our customer service rep.

If I live in the Brazil does this prevent me from participating in this program?
    No. We are considering more regions for Phrase 2.

• Like 1

Patrick

mini.gif

Lol only Pimax would by hyping and trying to sell  a product that is likely well over a year out. And once again - no,  two 6k screens do not equal a 12k image. Same as two 4k do not equal an 8k image. But hey gotta credit them for the gusto. I do tip my hat to any VR device developers though, good for the industry overall.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 12/22/2021 at 1:49 AM, dburne said:

...And once again - no,  two 6k screens do not equal a 12k image. Same as two 4k do not equal an 8k image...

How right you are! The normal consumer is being fooled again and again! Starting with how Ultra High Definition been soled as 4K:

UHD* = 8.294.400 Million Pixels

...but the real

4K8.847.360 Million Pixels (difference = 552.96 MP)

Pimax Specs on their own 8K X are: 3840*2160*2 = 8.294.400 MP (*UHD) *2 = 16.588.800 MP and they sell you this as 8K, which is in fact less than the half of 8K!

real 8K35.389.440 MP!

Again the same propaganda for 12K, where the Pimax estimated 18.6 MP per-eye (5.760 x 3.240) *2 = 37.324.800 MP

But 12K = 79.626.240 MP 

So the Pimax 12K is in fact slightly above the real 8K!

Running a Benchmark Test for my NVIDIA 2080 Ti with an 8K Gameplay delivers an average of 42 FPSSo we don't have to worry if your GPU (above the 2080 Ti series) can cope with the Pimax's alleged 12K, when it suffices the 8Ks. Everything above the NVIDIA 2080 Ti will handle this Pimax "alleged 12K", (in fact 8K+) with an average of > 44 FPSI presume the RTX 3090 Ti can reach the 60 FPS.

I made the following Excel sheet with all needed Info on Display Resolution from 2K to 16K:

2K -- 16K.png

Edited by BiBa
More INFO
  • Like 1

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

23 hours ago, BiBa said:

Yeppp, forgot about that... Isn't it about time DCS gets its CPU an extension! 

With all the modules, assets, mods, etc, it's a miracle how with one core they manage to get the job done. I fear soon the DCS One Piston Engine will soon crash against the digital sound barrier and won't keep pace with the complexities of the future sixth-generation digital fighters.

Digital sound barrier. I like that. 

Supposedly work on Vulkan is coming along, but slowly. So maybe next year, maybe not. 

As for a 2080ti vs a 3090, it actually wasn't a huge upgrade frame rate wise. Cuz its mainly the CPU choking on it. My gpu frametimes are usually fine, but CPU frame times can get bad, especially online.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 months later...

Wow !!! that thing is waaay to big your gonna need a neck brace after a few weeks. I’ll pass and save up for the Varjo.

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Also, how could they come up with another model when from a few people I know having issues with the last model. 

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

4 hours ago, Burt said:

Wow !!! that thing is waaay to big your gonna need a neck brace after a few weeks. I’ll pass and save up for the Varjo.

🤣😅🤣

I don't think that picture is the actual size....Why don't we wait for Friday and see what they have to say?

• Like 1

Patrick

mini.gif

I watched about an hr of it and was somewhat disappointed.Really not much new info here.A lot of the questions got the same"Not Sure Yet" answer as the headset looks like it's still early in prototype stage.I'd be very surprised if we see a launch this yr.I would say more like Mid-late fall 2023.

Here's some more discussion for those interested...

• Like 1

Patrick

mini.gif

36 minutes ago, Phantom88 said:

I watched about an hr of it and was somewhat disappointed.Really not much new info here.A lot of the questions got the same"Not Sure Yet" answer as the headset looks like it's still early in prototype stage.I'd be very surprised if we see a launch this yr.I would say more like Mid-late fall 2023.

It is called "The Pimax Calendar". Not to be confused with the calendar we all use on a daily basis.

:renske:

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The specs are great, but there is still no live demo which is concerning because it’s supposed to be released this year. I also don’t like that they will be using Wigig 1 instead of 2, which would give this super high res headset quite a handicap in terms of bandwidth. 

• Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 months later...

I don't understand why Pimax does not focus on one major headset release at a time. I wish them success because we need overall VR to be very successful to help the cause. I hope they do a better job delivering what they promise than they have in the past.

Eye tracking is very nice indeed but unless game developers natively support the technology it is not going to be much use. The OpenXR Toolkit developer has apparently done a pretty good job with this and the Aero for MSFS 2020. Remains to be seen if he can do the same with DCS as it is very different technology. Eye tracking combined with foveated rendering could really help on the VR performance side. I hope at some point DCS takes a serious look at this emerging technology for use in their sim. I have not had a chance to try eye tracking with foveated rendering using the Open XR Toolkit with MSFS 2020 yet. My main interest just does not lie with that sim, mostly DCS here nowadays. Very pleased using OpenXR/Open Composite with the Toolkit in DCS.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

2 hours ago, dburne said:

I don't understand why Pimax does not focus on one major headset release at a time. I wish them success because we need overall VR to be very successful to help the cause. I hope they do a better job delivering what they promise than they have in the past.

Eye tracking is very nice indeed but unless game developers natively support the technology it is not going to be much use. The OpenXR Toolkit developer has apparently done a pretty good job with this and the Aero for MSFS 2020. Remains to be seen if he can do the same with DCS as it is very different technology. Eye tracking combined with foveated rendering could really help on the VR performance side. I hope at some point DCS takes a serious look at this emerging technology for use in their sim. I have not had a chance to try eye tracking with foveated rendering using the Open XR Toolkit with MSFS 2020 yet. My main interest just does not lie with that sim, mostly DCS here nowadays. Very pleased using OpenXR/Open Composite with the Toolkit in DCS.

I think they're trying to play the field and offer The VR Experience to a range of users...from the casual gamer...to the VR Enthusiast who will pay top dollar for the very best.VR has made huge progress from the days of The Oculas DK.We're all Beta Testers in this process. Hopefully we all will benefit from the journey. 

Patrick

mini.gif

The new Crystal headset seems to be a direct competitor to the Varjo Aero, similar price point slightly cheaper with some extra features.  It will be interesting to see how they will push all those pixels which will require significant bandwidth.  With Varjo’s ongoing QC issues and delayed shipment this might drive potential buyers toward PiMax, but of course they could also run into the same problems Varjo’s facing right now.  Since they’re suddenly introducing and pushing this headset for Q3 release, does that imply that the 12K will not be ready this year?  It seems the immediate focus has been shifted from the 12K.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 2 months later...

I’m really interested the Pimax Crystal specs but I’m unsure as to how well DCS (in its current form) will be able to run. I’m also interested to know whether my 3080ti along with the XR2 processor will be an advantage or whether in fact I no longer need a 3080ti…..

Any ideas? 

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

8 hours ago, Willie Nelson said:

I’m really interested the Pimax Crystal specs but I’m unsure as to how well DCS (in its current form) will be able to run. I’m also interested to know whether my 3080ti along with the XR2 processor will be an advantage or whether in fact I no longer need a 3080ti…..

Any ideas? 

XR2 its the same SOC you can find on a Quest 2, its has like a 1/25 raw power of a 3080ti so yes, you will need you PC GPU

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

I'm trading in my 8KX for the 12K as soon as I'm satisfied with the reviews.  I may even wait for at least one revision too since I am totally fine with the 8KX for now, but I am totally excited for the 12K.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

On 5/31/2022 at 6:10 PM, Supmua said:

The new Crystal headset seems to be a direct competitor to the Varjo Aero, similar price point slightly cheaper with some extra features.  It will be interesting to see how they will push all those pixels which will require significant bandwidth.  With Varjo’s ongoing QC issues and delayed shipment this might drive potential buyers toward PiMax, but of course they could also run into the same problems Varjo’s facing right now.  Since they’re suddenly introducing and pushing this headset for Q3 release, does that imply that the 12K will not be ready this year?  It seems the immediate focus has been shifted from the 12K.

My guess is upscaling. Which at the end of the day tends to look like crap. Even with a 4090 I doubt you'd be able to natively render that high. and given my experience with the DCS engine the issue tends to be CPU than the actual GPU so I'm pretty skeptical. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).