Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

I am getting the exact same issue. 
Mirage 2000 over sea, sunset, screen flickers when looking towards the sun. 
Happens in external and internal views .

That's on MP.

Note: When turning the head away from the sun, the box follows the sun.
For example, loonking straight at the "sun" I get a full black screen.
Looking mostly away from the sun, on the opposite side of the sun, the box doesn't reach. (not too sure about up/down, but similar stuff appear to happen)

It was at low level. As soon as I climbed It was ok again. Was heavy flicker at low level, and then above 200ft the flicker reduced at at 300 it was almost gone... maybe related to sun angle? 

Edited by pierrewind

I have investigated this bug a little bit and it seems it is related to the wind settings combined with lighting at night (at least in my case). But only the Marianas map is affected. I created test missions with the same settings on Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Syria and Marianas:
- LHA-1 Tarawa,  25 knots, course approx. 225
- 1 AV-8B for the Player
- 3 AV-8B uncontrolled aboard
- Time is 21:00, Date is 12th July 2002
- Cloud setting is High scattered 1
- Wind is 4 knots, 65°

With wind settings the black flickering appears, without it is gone.

Only on the Marianas map I could reproduce this. Here is a video to demonstrate it.

Edited by Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

22 minutes ago, Flappie said:

You're both using an AMD GPU, right?

And CPU in my case. 🙂

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue I have a intel i7-11700 32gb ddr4 3600 ram and a RXT 3080 GPU. Started having this problem tonight after new beta install. Black Squares lasting for a half second at the most. Not completely covering the screen. Latest Nvidia Drivers 497.29.Used DDU to wipe video drivers before install .

Once again this started tonight after Newest Beta update

• Like 2

I also think it is sun angle.  Attached are a couple of track files - the 1st starts at 0455, flickering starts a minute or so in, apparently once the sun gets close enough to the horizon.  The 2nd starts at 0520, and once the sun is high enough above the horizon, the flickering stops.  I noticed this a couple days before the patch to 2.7.9.17830, and see the same thing after it.  Emptied the contents of the fx and meta2 folders, no change.

av8bNA_black_box_0455-0500.trk av8bNA_black_box_0520-25.trk

• Thanks 1

Same problem here. After updating to 2.7.9 (23 Dec 2021) started getting random black squares.

RTX 2080 Ti
Ryzen 5600X
32GB
Win 10 Pro

Updated to the latest nvidia WHQL drivers (497.29) and did a "Check all files (slow)" DCS repair.

The attached track is not great but the boxes do appear right at the end in the landing flair (no idea how to fly the Viggen btw so the track is a total embarrassment).

black boxes.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Denwagg said:

Same issue I have a intel i7-11700 32gb ddr4 3600 ram and a RXT 3080 GPU. Started having this problem tonight after new beta install. Black Squares lasting for a half second at the most. Not completely covering the screen. Latest Nvidia Drivers 497.29.Used DDU to wipe video drivers before install .

Once again this started tonight after Newest Beta update

Did that happen in a sunset/sunrise setting? Over the sea, or near Tbilissi?

6 hours ago, Hinkey said:

Same problem here. After updating to 2.7.9 (23 Dec 2021) started getting random black squares.

The attached track is not great but the boxes do appear right at the end in the landing flair (no idea how to fly the Viggen btw so the track is a total embarrassment).

Many thanks for the track. It's the best weapon we've got against bugs. I see you were flying in a sunrise setting over Tbilissi. I cannot reproduce the flicker on my end. I tried a second time using the latest NVIDIA driver (video below). Can you please tell me at what time you see the flashing occur?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

is it getting worse? the only game i play that actually causes my monitor to flicker and does not show up on records. the flicker will last about 20 minutes after i shut off the game. now im getting black screens like everyone here. 

starts @ 1:40

Edited by Swedgen

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

Many thanks for the track. It's the best weapon we've got against bugs. I see you were flying in a sunrise setting over Tbilissi. I cannot reproduce the flicker on my end. I tried a second time using the latest NVIDIA driver (video below). Can you please tell me at what time you see the flashing occur?

Thanks for the help with this. Get flashes right around the 4:50 mark just at touchdown.

DCS Black Boxes_Moment.jpg

Edited by Hinkey
added screen shot
  • Thanks 1

A tester has just discovered the Corsair RGB control software (iCue) can cause screen stuttering when playing DCS.

Can you please confirm you're not running iCue?

And in case you are, can you check if stuttering persists once iCue is closed?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hello,

After updating newest OB, i have the exact same issue (PG Map, F/A18) right now.

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

oh yes! Merry christmas to all off you dcs-folks, and have fun! 

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Samuel Beckett (?)

12 minutes ago, Decibel dB said:

I have the same flashing black screen since last Beta 2.7.9.17830 update. Deactivating/removing the mirror have fixed the problem

dang i had a suspicion that it was the mirrors and was the only setting i didn't change! just tested and no more seizure inducing flashing. will test more aircrafts later. THANKS!

• Thanks 1

Can confirm that. Thank You!

• Thanks 1

Samuel Beckett (?)