Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

42 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

Two missions flown...NO blackscreen

Are You testing it on the mission, where start time is set to early morning, when the sun is low over the horizon?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

3 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

Are You testing it on the mission, where start time is set to early morning, when the sun is low over the horizon?

NO...I'm testing on instant action mission(mig-29 strike intercept) that previously gave me black screen

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

55 minutes ago, Raven434th said:

NO...I'm testing on instant action mission(mig-29 strike intercept) that previously gave me black screen

can you provide a track file so i can reproduce? i've tried the mig-29 strike intercept and there was no flashing with mirrors on.

Edit: which map?

Edited by Swedgen

you misunderstood...yesterday after patching ,I flew the mission and got the blackscreen when switching on my mirrors in cockpit...I then restarted the mission and it fixed itself. today I re-flew the missions to confirm the fix worked and it did. I don't know why it didn't fix it the first time launching the game after patching ..that's a mystery but maybe it needed to overite something when mirrors got turned on in the pit.. I really don't know why it happed the way it did..

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

If not reported yet
The mirrors are also causing flickering contrails and sometimes flickering rocket-smoketrails. Mirrors toggled off: no such issue.
(F-14 Tomcat, mission Training Air to Air, Fox 2, Sidewinder, own missions Caucasus map)

Edited by -LEO-

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

On 11/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, silverdevil said:

this issue was confronted in May of this year.

My video of it

I had exactly this sort of bug on Syria Map, sunset conditions.

MIRRORS OFF!!

Running Stable version here.

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

I get the same issue with the mirrors off and on in all maps during periods of dusk or dawn with heavier weather present. Hard when doing a Case III, in the meantime I've resorted to closing one of my eyes!

Edited by cochise

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 6:44 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I will pass the feedback to the team

Hi,

DCS: 2.7.10.18996 Open Beta - 27.01.2022  Screen flickers black in some cases - fixed

quick feedback..

Again a good try , but nope 🤣

Still some flickers in e.g. mentioned UH-1H Argo campaign Mission 2 in first part...

I fly in parallel the new Paradise Lost campaign and till now no single flicker, but allways reproducable in Argo mission.. so I guess it must be somewhat with the sonn-light / time of day.

Edited by MMA01

• ED Team

thanks will let the team know, can you let me know your system spec and if you have a short track replay please attach it showing the flicker

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I didnt have this bug for the most part of January, but after the last patch (27.January.2022) it have comes back despite the claim in changelog of fixing it.

RX6900XT, Syria map, no mirrors and sun was raising...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks will let the team know, can you let me know your system spec and if you have a short track replay please attach it showing the flicker

Hi,..

same as in our former private chat 🙂

( nvidia 2080TI, i7.8700k, 3840x1600, ... )

image.png

This time I stopped after 3 minutes in-game, but the replay file is still 13MB and I can not attach it within the forum. Do I something wrong ?

I also recorded video... ( uncut.. flickers starting near 1:50 )

note: that flickers positions differ in-game vs in-replay.

Micha

Never had this issue before, but as for Jan 27 update, I get black flickering over the majority of the screen. Seems to be view dependent and in certain locations. I will be attempting to capture video of it later.

PC Specs: 2x GTX 1080ti, i7-8086k, 64GB Ram, Running DCS OpenBeta from 1tb NVME M.3

5 minutes ago, blanchjo said:

Never had this issue before, but as for Jan 27 update, I get black flickering over the majority of the screen. Seems to be view dependent and in certain locations. I will be attempting to capture video of it later.

PC Specs: 2x GTX 1080ti, i7-8086k, 64GB Ram, Running DCS OpenBeta from 1tb NVME M.3

When it happens, try to turn off mirrors, if you have them enabled.

8 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Many thanks for your test and video. I reported to devs.

No problem, I hope it helps! This is another video demonstrating how the mirrors affect the flickering:

I recorded it to demonstrate an issue with the flight model, but it has been posted in the FA-18c bugs thread.

• Like 1

Possible solution (at least for now):

Repair of DCS, then updated my Nvidia drivers to 511.23. So far so good, but I've only done three flights.

I didn't have a single problem after 7 days of flying off the Tarawa until now. Any time the lights are on (bad weather, night), the flicker occurs. Sometimes in the left lense, sometimes in the right lense. At distance in bad weather settings (OVC and RA 2) with only the Tarawa's smoke visible through the clouds and fog, you can sometimes see black squares flickering around the Tarawa's general area, but they are only a few pixels in size. At the moment the Tarawa is unplayable at night or bad weather, as my right lens will go totally black while hovering over the deck. 

Wind to 0kts did not resolve the issue.

Restarting my Quest 2 did not resolve the issue.

Restarting Oculus app did not resolve the issue.

Clearing fxo folder did not resolve the issue.

Turning mirrors off did not resolve the issue.

Edited by Nealius

10 hours ago, Nealius said:

Possible solution (at least for now):

Repair of DCS, then updated my Nvidia drivers to 511.23. So far so good, but I've only done three flights.

I didn't have a single problem after 7 days of flying off the Tarawa until now. Any time the lights are on (bad weather, night), the flicker occurs. Sometimes in the left lense, sometimes in the right lense. At distance in bad weather settings (OVC and RA 2) with only the Tarawa's smoke visible through the clouds and fog, you can sometimes see black squares flickering around the Tarawa's general area, but they are only a few pixels in size. At the moment the Tarawa is unplayable at night or bad weather, as my right lens will go totally black while hovering over the deck. 

Wind to 0kts did not resolve the issue.

Restarting my Quest 2 did not resolve the issue.

Restarting Oculus app did not resolve the issue.

Clearing fxo folder did not resolve the issue.

Turning mirrors off did not resolve the issue.

Did not work for me, ran repair this morning, current drivers 511.23, Mirrors on = flicker. But I did try messing around in the A-10C2 and MI-24P, Same weather and time of day flying the same path and I got no flickering. So far I've only experienced it in the F/A-18C, not to say it couldn't occur in the others.

Edited by blanchjo
Aditional info

Curious, anyone ddu'ed video drivers before installing 511?

Hope it's ok to post this link, it's nv forum on 511.  It may help some find a fix for their system with dcs.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/481754/geforce-51123-grd-feedback-thread-released-11422/

Edited by Ddaddy

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

@Ddaddy - good idea. i noticed that there are some changes to the 511 driver from the earlier. there are some different and some replaced. though i did not have the flickering, i went through all the settings again and redid them and it seems a bit better performing.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 3 months later...

I see this flickering when certain lights are in the visual field, running current open beta. This issue is not new. I have seen it:

• At start of the attached mission, in the AH-64 slot
  • In the same mission, due to sunrise a short time after the start
  • while flying the F-14 at night approaching Batumi (so bad I had to exit the game as I could not see where I was going)
  • with lights on the island of carriers

I have played with various graphics settings in both DCS and the driver software but I have not found a setting that solves this.

Graphics card is a Radeon RX 5700 XT, driver version 22.5.1, performance tuning settings are at default.

null

image.png

image.png

Guam target practice no mods.miz

Edited by Nobody Special
Clarification
  • Thanks 1