Forrestal SuperCarrier?

Bronco

Adding static shooters and green shirts in between cats 1 and 2 goes a long way.  Would prefer the animated crew come in,  but would be ok with it as is.  Just come out with Saratoga and Ranger or just let the current model put on livery with the right number and name maybe. 

What I really want for Supercarrier level is Enterprise. Maybe Nimitz and Ike.

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe IF they do the other carriers in the class they will have the SC treatment... And keep the Forrestal as the free one without like the Stennis.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I'd rather the option to have them all with SC, or no SC functions, and have it simply swap the versions depending on if the SC module is purchased. That would be the ideal way to do it, let the 3rd parties add all the coordinates and locations to hook into the SC functions. If SC is bought, then it displays the SC crews and all that jazz.

• Like 7

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I'd rather the option to have them all with SC, or no SC functions, and have it simply swap the versions depending on if the SC module is purchased. That would be the ideal way to do it, let the 3rd parties add all the coordinates and locations to hook into the SC functions. If SC is bought, then it displays the SC crews and all that jazz.
No, the 3rd parties need build specific locations and zones depend of your module and adapt your module to work your functionality. That is not put o a bucanner the cockpit of a F/A-18c and the module working.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
vor 6 Stunden schrieb dandan:

I hope to realize the function of super aircraft carrier as soon as possible, and make CV60 super aircraft carrier. CV59 is free, and CV60 requires payment

Isnt the stennis also SC now but only for those who owns it? Could be the same with the forrestal and possible other carriers

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Swordsman422:

Just tested this and can confirm. They must have done it quietly. I never saw them add it for SC users in the changelog.

Thats not long ago, but i cant tell, maybe 2 - 3 month. Since that i got the hope that we could get the SC functions also with the forrrestal.

You keep throwing "API" around but it's a lot more than that. ED barely even shares the "new" missile "API" with HB, nevermind the unfinished state of the SC implementation for crew, elevators, parking, comms, and LSO/IFLOLS.

Yes, ED has implemented a way for the Stennis to be both SC and non-SC, which means yes, HB *COULD* add that on. But that isn't going to be done until the SC implementation/framework is more complete and nailed down, as the Forrestal itself likely needs to be "rigged" on the model side or have other reference points added and coordinates for crew, the ability to have unique/different crew skins to properly recognize the 80s-91 era of the Forrestal or later on for say the Sara, Indi, and Ranger, probably some kind of FLOLS instead of the IFLOLS of the more modern carriers, it would need internals added for the bridge/PriFly/Airboss, maybe even a briefing room skin. ED would have to have completed that themselves before a third party should even think about trying to add the same framework, and there would have to be some kind of documentation showing what is needed and how it would be done.

• Like 2

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

How can you "barely share" something with someone.  Surely it's a bit binary, and either they do or they don't?

Hardly as though they'd be able to give them a bit of the API is it?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Based on the previous discussions about the Phoenix, there is no API 'documentation', whitepaper, wiki, etc. as again it's still being worked internally by ED, but ED will sometimes provide values to use. The Phoenix may not even be 100% on the same "new" model as the AIM-120 if you peel further back.

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 4 months later...