Helicopter FARPs

Focha

Hi all,

Are there any templates for FARPs other than the one present in DCS right now?

What works for you guys and your missions? Do you make those by hand and place the objects? What objects do you use?

Kind regards,

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

It all depends on if you want to use mods and how much patience you have. If you do the world is your lobster and there are a good few airfield templates created by RUDEL I think that use the VPC mod in particular (i think there were for farps also) . If you dont then you get either the butt ugly FARP pyramids or the invisible farp recently introduced with a few tyres. I dont use templates as each FARP has its own topological demands but tend to go with the use of vehicles over the farp objects to achieve the refuel/repair/beacon functions although I may throw in the non farp ammo depot for looks and a tent for repair if I so inclined. 

When it comes to dressing again if you use mods you have a lot of great choices but if you dont then you are down to cargos and tyes really. I use logs, pipes and the odd tower alongside the ammo boxes.  If its a RED farp there is ALWAYS an Mi8 in there cos........there is always an Mi 8 somewhere in every red helo doc Ive ever seen! Sadly we dont have a covered and tied down static. And if its expendable (Ie there is a FARP incursion planned) have it explode if damaged cos, if not its almost indestructible.  If its a blue FARP then the SC deck crew can come in useful for limited USMC applications.

I never plonk down farps without checking them in the game. Too often I see missions where there are balancing above the ground or there are placed in an area where the ground colouring jars (re pixelated town fuzzy felt mat effect). I also try to avoid areas where the roads are mismatched or cut jarringly through towns as you fly into and out of the FARP to. 

Finally I use triggers for flares, illumination flares and smoke accessible via the radio menu to give at least the impression of life. If Im particularly struck with a FARP I many even have vehicles trigger to approach or leave the LZ after a landing and again after a refuel but this can be buggy and is nigh on impossible on a pyramid FARPS it appears. What I would say however, and this may just be me, but the moving vehicles get old pretty quick. I did once have a mod with a yellow "Follow Me" Hummer and used it to sprint out in front of my Harrier to pace the taxi into the RR area but, after a while it began to bug me cos, with just one straight road, where else was I going to go?. 

As you can tel. I Lubs FARPS!

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

3 hours ago, Focha said:

Hi all,

Are there any templates for FARPs other than the one present in DCS right now?

What works for you guys and your missions? Do you make those by hand and place the objects? What objects do you use?

Kind regards,

Focha

Depends what map, but you can make them up where ever you want them with the FARP tools..

They dont take long and once youve made one, youll realise you can make them for anything, even Warbirds..
You can make them huge, or just a tiny refuel point.