Speed Bar for airspeed, compass, height, time scale ?

jackd

A general Speed Bar for airspeed, compass, height and Time Scale .... Can you get them to show up in the main game view? 

And how can you get rid of that friggin' FPS frame counter in the upper right corner, probably set by NVDIA ..

Edited by jackd

• jackd changed the title to General HUD for airspeed, compass, height, time scale ?
A general HUD for airspeed, compass, height and Time Scale .... Can you get them to show up in the main game view? 
And how can you get rid of that friggin' FPS frame counter in the upper right corner, probably set by NVDIA ..
The first part I'm not sure what you mean.
The NVIDIA thing is not on by default, but to get rid of it the shortcut should be LAlt+R.
To get rid of it permanently, try LAlt+Z, and set it up to your liking, or uninstall NVIDIA Experience.

EDIT: I mean GeForce Experience of course.
Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• jackd changed the title to Speed Bar for airspeed, compass, height, time scale ?
A better name is Speed Bar ...
FPS counter: Alas I don't have geoforce experience installed on purpose ...
Green FPS numbers? Try LAlt+R anyway. Was sure they came with experience.

Speedbar, I'd guess it depends on the module.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

That's it. Now how can you increase the display size? I did that for the in game message box .. with a 4k monitor i need a magnifying glass ..

It shows up in Cockpit view, but you have to keep activating it again for chase view where it's needed most. Game-speed settings are not shown also ...

Edited by jackd

15 hours ago, jackd said:

It shows up in Cockpit view, but you have to keep activating it again

DCS options -> misc -> cockpit status bar (in overlays section)

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The FPS counter really sounds like G-Force-Experience. Are you sure, that you haven't installed it by accident with a nvidia driver update?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 10/27/2021 at 10:36 AM, Hiob said:

The FPS counter really sounds like G-Force-Experience. Are you sure, that you haven't installed it by accident with a nvidia driver update?

nope, but i'll check, just installed new drivers BTW and left it out. Maybe i need a clean install for NVDIA.

3 minutes ago, jackd said:

nope, but i'll check, just installed new drivers BTW and left it out. Maybe i need a clean install for NVDIA.

The other FPS-counter I can think of is from the Afterburner/Riva, but that's not green (at least by default)...

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

17 hours ago, Hiob said:

The other FPS-counter I can think of is from the Afterburner/Riva, but that's not green (at least by default)...

Nope, you were right. I had no Experience running, and it was deinstalled. So i deleted all NVDIA dstuff with DDU (3rd party tool).

The FPS was still there, without any GPU drivers however.

Then reinstalled the NVDIA plus Geoforce Experience (IMO just shitty spyware). Then i disabled overlay, and de-installed Experience with Control panel.

! GONE !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackd said:

Nope, you were right. I had no Experience running, and it was deinstalled. So i deleted all NVDIA dstuff with DDU (3rd party tool).

Then reinstalled the NVDIA plus Geoforce Experience (IMO just shitty spyware). Then i disabled overlay, and de-installed Experience with Control panel.

! GONE !

Interesting! I don't use geforce-experience, but I hate it if any software refuses to go away...

Not neccessarily spyware but bloatware for sure!

54 minutes ago, jackd said:

Just FYI, if there was no GPU driver you wouldn't be able to run any 3D application.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, jackd said:

Game 2.7; it's not there but there is a "cockpit visual recom" in gameplay. Is that it?

It's not that. I'll have to check later.

• Thanks 1

Yep ... it is and was active, but does not do what i want, especially in arcade chase view. I would like at least ground- and or airspeed, height and compass displayed, either by an on off switch. A small map with your location and that of boogiemen eventually without the need for switching to F10 could be nice too ..

I don't know if you're familiar with IL2 great battles, but that setup is perfect done there (see second pic). Even shows game speed when you want to shorten boring long flight time towards a next event.

cockpit status options.jpg

IL-2 GB arcade chase view:

Spedbsr-Map.jpg

Edited by jackd

2 hours ago, jackd said:

Yep ... it is and was active, but does not do what i want, especially in arcade chase view.

Now I understand, sorry. The option was for cockpit apparently. As for chase view and the on-screen info you're looking for, there was this "game avionics mode" in "overlays" section right above "controls indicator". It used to show target labels and arcade radar with weapons info, current heading, alt, speed and alike. You might have to enable "game flight mode" first on the "gameplay" tab. If it does not show up then I don't know if they did drop it eventually.

• Thanks 1

I have both on, but i would like to see large numbers on my 4k monitor as shown with Lcntrl-Y. the speed bar is not shown in arcade chase view, only in cockpit F1 view. But i will further explore this LoL

BTW, i am a noob with DCS; is there any way to enlarge (zoom out) arcade chase view in DCS? You can in F2 view.

Just found out that if your in cockpit HUD screen display is off, you turn it on with Rshift + L, battery on.

In some s27 training missions it is off in air start, probably forgotten by the demo mission makers.

Edited by jackd

On 11/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, jackd said:

In some s27 training missions it is off in air start, probably forgotten by the demo mission makers.

Which ones?

^ Keep in mind the fundamental difference between Il-2GB and DCS in this aspect. In the former, you can turn on these view options while keeping the flight model and systems intact, while in the latter, game avionics mode also disables many of simulated aircraft systems (or replaces them with arcade versions) and depending on an aircraft, that might not be what you're interested in.

Edited by Art-J
typo
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.