mission 7

liojet

good afternoon

after several attemps i failed always this mission

my team killed all the bombers but our carrier is always hit by missiles

i would be very happy to have tips to perform this mission

by the way 2 phoenix do the job only

cheers

It's pretty easy actually: Launch, plug in the burners, go supersonic, nose on the bombers, get up high, and launch all phoenixes as soon as you can - within parameters of course.

The more bombers you destroy before they launch their cruise missiles, the less cruise missiles the ships will have to deal with, and the carrier is more likely to survive.

Not sure why only 2 phoenixes hit for you, it depends on your launch parameters I guess.

I did, as I had difficulties too. And it was much easier to hit enough bombers. YouTube should try.

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

good afternoon

after 20 tries just one phoenix hits target 

i used trigger within 40 nautics then i decided to stop this campaign it is too hard or i didnt understand how we use properly pheonix

by the way this campaign is very nice 

As already written. Full speed direction Target. Try it like the guy in this vid  

• Like 1

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be interested to see how @Reflected succeeded recently with this mission. 

Today I gave this mission four attempts, revisiting it. The first three times I failed and last time I succeeded, but it honestly felt like pot luck.

The big issue is how the Backfires are bunched together. It's fine when in RWS since the radar can pick them all up, but when in TWS the resolution drops and it merges targets together. I'm not sure why, but this is the only scenario I see where Phoenix missiles get confused even when the target hasn't become extrapolated.

First attempt:

I claimed to Angels 35 and went full burner. Dropped tanks when they went empty. I fired all Phoenixes from about 65 - 50 miles. The first three immediately went dead. Last three Phoenixes successfully guided. Wingman, for whatever reason had far greater success in downing backfires, downing 5 backfires with Phoenixes, and intercepting two AS-4s with Sidewinders. There were four backfires left, and they fired 8 AS-4s in total before we downed them. In fact, of the 8 AS-4s, they were all shot down before they hit the carrier. What happened was the USS Farragut, attempting to hit an AS-4, SHOT the carrier instead! Therefore I failed the mission.

Second attempt:

Like before, I climbed to Angels 35, but chose to fire the Phoenixes at closer range, hoping the radar would hold lock better. The locks seemed better, except for the fact that only two of the Phoenixes succeeded. This was in straight and level flight, the missiles just struggle with multiple contacts in TWS. This time about 17 AS-4s were launched and most managed to get to target.

Third attempt:

I chose to keep timeline closer, firing between 45 - 35 miles. First two Phoenixes immediately went dumb and failed. This time, about three of the Phoenixes succeeded. Combined with wingman's success, only three backfires remained to fire their AS-4s, firing a total of 6. For some reason this time the FFG-7s tried to fire, but were damaging themselves. One AS-4 connected with the carrier.

Fourth attempt:

This time I tried to fly lower, and faster. I stayed at Angels 25, to give the radar a look up situation. Firing from 45 - 35 miles, I was at Mach 1.5. First two missiles immediately went dumb. One went off for a Fulcrum, which is fine. Next three succeeded. My wingman had about three kills as well. This time, five Backfires remained, and a volley of ten AS-4s came out. Fortunately the carrier group was far better at defending itself, and actually killed the missiles, and the FFG didn't shoot the carrier. 

I short, there's something up with TWS where it's merging contacts making it near impossible to get targets when they're in formation, unless you're at close range. THe problem is you can't get close range, otherwise the Backfires fire their AS-4s. 

It's certainly frustrating when Phoenixes fail to go on targets that are flying straight and level, and aren't even chaffing.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is Reflected's issue, I just think there's something up with TWS.

I'd be shocked if someone can get a 6/6 kill!

• 3 weeks later...