More Apache footage.

oscar19681

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks for this video! I am really getting super excited now! Look at this marvellous machine - and how new, clean, and well-maintained they are (I hope there will be a brandnew cockpit version to choose from available in the sim.)

The MFD screens are very bright and easy readable even during daytime, and have a beautyful violet protection layer on top of the glass I have never before seen on any MFD in any cockpit. What is the purpose of this reddish-violet layer on the glass of the MFD? Scratch protection, glass hardening?

While the Mi-24 Hind has more classic seventies analogue technology, the Apache looks and feels like a cockpit from the year 2006 - 2021. I can´t wait to take the pilot´s seat now!

Screenshot_448.jpg

Screenshot_451.jpg

Screenshot_453.jpg

Screenshot_459.jpg

Screenshot_462.jpg

Screenshot_463.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I always find it staggering that anyone could find the Apache an 'ugly' aircraft. It is a thing of animalistic beauty. And oddly enough, the dirtier and more battered it looks, the better it looks. Some of those above are positively filthy - and I love it. Sort of a pity we're getting a more or less 'factory fresh' version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• ED Team
1 hour ago, LooseSeal said:

Sort of a pity we're getting a more or less 'factory fresh' version.

If you look at the existing vids and screenshots closely, you can spot some dirt and dust strategically placed on the external model, and some slight weathering on the interior cockpit. It doesn't have faded paint jobs, but not as factory fresh as one might think.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, JetCat said:

What is the purpose of this reddish-violet layer on the glass of the MFD? Scratch protection, glass hardening?

I don't know. And if I did know, I might not be able to tell you.

BUUUUT... my guess it's probably for an optical reason. Could be to allow for a clear picture when using NVG's at night. Or to reduce sun glare when the sun is behind the gunner. Or for compatibility with the helmet visor. Just a guess, but I think  it's about offering a clear picture from the darkest night to the brightest sunny day, rather than glass protection.