Aircraft health and maintenance

HappyVoo

If the current aircraft is not set random problems will occur, and most players will not pay attention to the inspection before the aircraft takes off. Even if the random problem of the aircraft is set, no matter whether there is a problem or not, I can directly repair it after entering the aircraft. I only need to wait for 180 seconds. 

I recommend:

1. The pilot reported the problem after self-check. Multiple choices are allowed for the problem, and the ground crew will increase the repair time according to the problem.

2. If the pilots do not check by themselves but let the ground crew directly repair, the repair time will be longer than the time for all the problems of the aircraft, and players are encouraged to maintain it by themselves.

Edited by HappyVoo
  • Like 1

At first glance I'm not a fan of this idea. The current wait for repairs is perfect for walking away and putting the kettle on. If the time for repairs was reduced then I think people won't be as concerned about taking damage, but if it was made longer then they might just opt to spawn a new aircraft rather than wait.

14小时前,frostycab说:

At first glance I'm not a fan of this idea. The current wait for repairs is perfect for walking away and putting the kettle on. If the time for repairs was reduced then I think people won't be as concerned about taking damage, but if it was made longer then they might just opt to spawn a new aircraft rather than wait.

I know that changing planes is indeed a way to shorten the time, but all the planes in my mission have random questions added. After the change, he still needs to check whether the plane is in good condition or reduce maintenance time.

Taking care of maintenance is highly interesting, and a thing that I highly appreciated.

So far in civilian flight sims only this developer offered this feature back in the old Flight Simulator X days in the year 2006:

Changing oil, changing the sparks, making other maintenance things like loading or changing the battery, changing a two-blade prop to a 3-bladed prop and other fine stuff. (It is really sad the A2A Accu-Sim is stuck in FS X and Prepared like 99% of all other third party developers and still has not found it´s way into Flight Simulator 20 and X-Plane because I would absolutely love to have this awesome Cessna with all the cool immersive and interesting maintenance options back!)

In fighter jets maintenance would of course be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more difficult and sophisticated than doing "Cessna-stuff" in the hangar which is literally almost the same as car maintenance in a garage, but yes some repairs, diving deep into technological aspects of a jet, would be superb 🙂

Edited by JetCat

If you only focus on a few airplanes, how high the picture quality is, and make a few maps every year, then no one knows when the new game production team will release a new flight simulation game. They will surpass others with more gameplay as a selling point. 

Great idea, red ball maintenance!  Every aircraft is different, and the time from step, to crank, to wheels up is different for every type of aircraft.  Usually there's a standard timeline for each type of aircraft.  I spent time as a bomber maintenance officer before becoming aircrew on bombers.  Typically you would step to the aircraft an hour before take-off, review the forms, do a walk around before manning the jet.  If everything was good, 40-45 min before take-off you would put power on and start to bring up the systems, engine start depended on the aircraft.  The BUFF had no APU, so you'd start engines earlier than say a Bone that had an APU.  Typically at the 20-40 min mark is when you're going to find something broken and have to make the decision to fix or step to the spare (note when I was aircrew there was no spare so it was fix before losing the range time).  Fighter times are typically half that of the bombers, but their back systems are more along the lines of ACES II, lol. 😉 

Other than that all ED needs to do is make the 3D models for bread trucks and add the radio calls of the pissed off pro supers...