AMBIENT_OCCLUSION

sadjad-vosoul

Greetings

There is a file name : mi_8_tex_1_ao which is controlling the Red channel (Ambient Occlusion ) , adding shadows behind armor plates on nose or in some other areas !!!
my question is how that thing works properly ?!

thanks

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 3 months later...

Im no expert but from what i understand it is a grayscale image to control the stregth of the shadow that gets casted onto the texture.

The file consits of four images the last two are without the shadow casted by the armor.

If you want to remove that shadow for example you would need to copy one of the last two images over the first two images.

Iirc. i saw that trick first inside a livery by Eight Ball.

The file is a *.dds (DirectDrawSuface) there are several free programs that are able to work with these files.

Edited by hologram

On 1/30/2022 at 1:41 PM, hologram said:

If you want to remove that shadow for example you would need to copy one of the last two images over the first two images.

Many thanks for your answer ! I know about PBR and how is working !
but my question is :
does it mean i have to copy it in Roughmet Red channel ?! or is that file works independently ?! if yes how should i edit the description file in liveries folder !?!

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam