Fix the Syria MAP . !!! Its Killing my computer .

KoN

1 hour ago, LooseSeal said:

I'm really sorry but... I also use a 1080 and I can categorically tell you it is not a beast. Not by a longshot.

I also struggle with Syria... Because of the 1080.

Personally, as a fellow 1080-owner, I do not expect any developer to cater to my needs. It's my own issue that I have an outdated card.

oh dear . !!! With that statement I rest my case . . 

Just been on the SOW server and running smooth 3200x1800 res medium to high settings . 

My opening statement was the hungry RAM that Syria map has . 

I'm very happy with my graphics card . 

Edited by KoN
  • Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 12/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, KoN said:

oh dear . !!! With that statement I rest my case . . 

Just been on the SOW server and running smooth 3200x1800 res medium to high settings . 

My opening statement was the hungry RAM that Syria map has . 

I'm very happy with my graphics card . 

Syria map is an Ugra media product not an Eagle Dynamics production so you have posted in the wrong forum section.

I am sure in time, when Vulkan is implemented, that you will see better results. It is all a waiting game for now buddy 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I please suggest to dial down your settings.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yes I'm looking forward to Vulkan . I hope it really improves things . By then i hope the Graphics cards will of come down in price . 😗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

yea shadows off and low ground textures , 2x MSAA and x 4 AA . Preraidious 3500

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2021 at 7:13 AM, SmirkingGerbil said:

Echoing @QuiGon - I do have 32GB of RAM, and Syria runs well for me, even on high settings. I do not have a monster system. I can maintain 60 FPS in single player, and 30 to 40 in Multi with a lot of stuff going on in the background, with Ultra skies, and SSAO etc.

The real question is, have you researched the numerous articles regarding "Alt Tabbing", Enabling/Disabling device scanning, FXO/Meta Shaders folders, Clean installs, or installs on SSD's with non X86 locations for core binaries, and "Saved Games"??? Have you played around with "pre-load" and "radius" or viewable ranges?

When was the last time you did a clean and repair?

DCS isn't easy to play or run. It takes some research, and some tuning - but the rewards are worth it.

Brand new to DCS. Im assuming your talking about things that can be done to get better FPS while keeping the lions share of quality... would anyone be able to better explain those things or what I should do? Ryzen 7 5800 (non X) GTX3060 16 MB ram currently, was going to upgrade to 32 but making me thing might need 64 if ever want to use Syria map??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrannySShifting said:

Brand new to DCS. Im assuming your talking about things that can be done to get better FPS while keeping the lions share of quality... would anyone be able to better explain those things or what I should do? Ryzen 7 5800 (non X) GTX3060 16 MB ram currently, was going to upgrade to 32 but making me thing might need 64 if ever want to use Syria map??

Opppph, the best I can do is, do the research. Everyone's system is different, settings can vary. For instance, I now run the Reshade app, and it doesn't improve FPS, but it improves visual quality as a post processor, there are so many things you can do. Even certain maps can change all that. 32 GB of RAM should be fine, remember DCS trends in the direction of better performance via optimization over time, but overall, you do need to upgrade hardware at some point to keep pace. 

Try these links, there is no one size fits all. I spent a lot of time with trial and error, also google for updated articles on this topic:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).