2 separate issues: one old - one new

Sylosis

Hi,

1- Was wondering if anybody also has that new issue where the autopilot reference switch seems very precious when it comes to working. I push it sometimes 20 times and nothing, and then all of a sudden it works. Some other times it works on first shot. I thought maybe I needed to be perfectly stable to make it work, but tried doing it as I was clearly not stable and it worked on the first occasion. I'm kinda confused.

2- Jester STT Lock: Suppose I have one radar contact in front and I know for certain it's an enemy. Why is it that when I ask Jester to STT lock "Enemy ahead" he's replying "uuuggghhhhh sorry can't do it" and if I then proceed to ask to lock whatever is in front (enemy or not), he then does it...? At first I thought it could be an issue of difficult lock depending on speed and bearing of the target, but if that was the case, why would he end up succeeding as long as I don't specify it's an enemy?

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

On point number 2, I noticed the same exact behavior... Can't seem to target in STT "enemy" ahead but he can sure STT "target" ahead regardless if it is the same exact contact as the "enemy" ahead... Dunno if it is because of IFF issue or what.

He also seems extremely slow or flat out just doesn't to IFF anything I STT in PAL radar mode.

On point 1: alt hold AP can only get engaged between a constant climb or decent rate of +-200 fpm. Best to level off in trimmed flight first, engage the AP and then press the NWS button to tell the AP what altitude to hold... Should work fine, then. The AP doesn't want to hold exact altitude in a turn it seems tho.

4 hours ago, r4y30n said:

Everything’s a bogey on Jester’s scope until either the IFF or datalink tells him otherwise.

Does this mean Jester is not able to IFF interrogate by himself? I didn't know that.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

He does IFF himself.  It just takes him a bit.  He's also unable to lock targets provided by DL if he's currently using the AWG-9 in a different area than the DL target for search (altitude/azimuth).

If the IFF carat is above the target, he'll lock it on the "enemy" call.  If it's below and he's scoped in the area, he'll use the "target ahead" call.  If he says he can't, have him revert to auto to clear out any prior instructions you gave him.