CVN-59 Forrestal UK Mod

@crazyeddie

Here,

coremods/aircraft/f14/textures

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hmmmm ... Just had a closer look at this ships texture files, I wont be attempting anything with this model, its way too complicated.  I would think the only people who could change that deck are the guys who made the original model and have all the 3dmax files, or somebody with way more skill than I have. 

Edited by crazyeddie

Stupid question: would there be 1 or 3 new carriers then?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Bungo is doing an Ark Royal, it looks excellent and will be up to his HMAS Melbourne standard I'm sure.   No point in trying to replicate that. 

I am looking at this skinset with a view to doing a UK style deck, trying to get rid of the black paintwork on the island is proving to be a rather lengthy nightmare and as I said above, that deck is going to be very difficult to alter. Its only ever going to be a paintjob though, I might try for a fictional CVA01 - but dont expect it anytime soon. I have other projects that are higher up the list of things to do. 

17 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Bungo is doing an Ark Royal, it looks excellent and will be up to his HMAS Melbourne standard I'm sure.   No point in trying to replicate that. 

I am looking at this skinset with a view to doing a UK style deck, trying to get rid of the black paintwork on the island is proving to be a rather lengthy nightmare and as I said above, that deck is going to be very difficult to alter. Its only ever going to be a paintjob though, I might try for a fictional CVA01 - but dont expect it anytime soon. I have other projects that are higher up the list of things to do. 

Yeah saw that but there hasnt been any word or updates in quite some time. Looking forward to seeing your outcome. 

HMS Formidable - Fictional CVA - Helo spots do not match the working model, thats an lua issue not a texture issue. plus a few other compromises to fit the paintjob to the model.

Not finished yet ... still got things to do.  Will do 2 versions, 1 with helo spots and 1 without.  

hms formidable.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

HMS Formidable - Fictional CVA - Helo spots do not match the working model, thats an lua issue not a texture issue. plus a few other compromises to fit the paintjob to the model.

Not finished yet ... still got things to do.  Will do 2 versions, 1 with helo spots and 1 without.  

hms formidable.png

Cor that’s bloody smashing that is !!

Uploaded to the DCS Site this morning - HMS Formidable with helo spots on the deck and ships number - R59 - Plus a no number no helo spots version for you to play with if you want.

Why R59 - The number is embedded on the island structure in spotlights and they cant be painted out, so decided to stick with it.  It's a nice number, it matches my IQ !!

Why no helo spots.  The actual helo spots this mod uses are quite weird, 2 side by side up front and 2 side by side down aft, so the spots I painted will not actually work with the lua as it is now. I will change my lua to fit my spots (possibly) but to save you the trouble here is one deck without them.

I have not tested the actual mod fully yet so if you find issues with that take it up with ED please, I just paint things. 🤥

Edited by crazyeddie