Rockets!

Morat

Please may we have rockets?

Ideally both the 25lb and 60lb versions. They're such an important part of the Mosquito history, especially for shipping raids.

I'm sure this muast have been requested but I can't see a thread in the wishlist.

+1

What with the rockets and the implementation of delayed fuse ordnance,there's a lot to look forward to with our Mossie......not to forget your upcoming 'V for Victory'Campaign Greg........it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

They are on the time line so no need to make it a wishlist. 

In fact they are already modelled as well, here are some pictures curtesy of Silver Dragon:

25lb AP

Short_25Lb_AP_MkI.jpg

60lb SAP HE

60Lb_SAP_No2_MkI.jpg

60lb SAP (?) 

HE_60Lb_F_NoI_MkI.jpg

And to celebrate there arrival booze! 

Beer_Bomb.jpg

What I would pay to see these on a Hawker Typhoon one day.... 

You can see Bombs and more here... 

If someone could shine a light on the long nose 60lb I would appreciate it. 

I can only recall seeing the 60lb and 25lb.

Is it a time delay? 

Edited by Krupi
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Yes looks like a nose fuse... Type F

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

This ties up with the pictures title and the stamp on the warhead. 

So we should have four versions, the three shown plus a fused/non time delayed fused 60lb SAP. 

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• 2 weeks later...

@NineLine

Hi NineLine,

Do we know which Rocket rails the Mossie will get?

RP3 Rails Mk1 vs Mk3.PNG

The difference in weight is substantial, Mk1 being larger and steel Mk3 being aluminium.

Also, I know it is a late war design but what about the Rail and Drop Tank Combo. Up to four RP3 and a Drop Tank could be carried like so.

2 Teir Rail and Fence.PNG

Project IX Cockpit

• 1 month later...

Yes. These should be more accurate than the bombs I have been scattering far and wide around targets. :sad_2:

Are the rockets working though?

I can get the ground crew to hang them on the wings, but in the controls setup I can't bind the one listed keystroke to a Hotas switch. Also I can't find any control/arming/selector panel in the cockpit for the other functions. The manual only shows rockets as a 'work in progress'.

Suggestions please?

Duh!      There are  new training mission that shows where the Master Arm and Salvo switches are placed in a truly British WW2 cockpit layout.

In the training mission there is now a great big "salvo" switch on the coaming that wasn't there before.

Still can't bind a hotas key to fire the rockets though.

Edited by Terry Dactil

You can bind a fire rockets trigger button and both control (Master and Salvo) switches can be bound too.

Yes they work and I got to blow stuff up with them!

Ergonomics wasn't really a thing back then though was it!

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

41 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

You can bind a fire rockets trigger button and both control (Master and Salvo) switches can be bound too.

Yes. That is correct.

My problem was self-inflicted.

I had a mod to the joystick keybinds for the 2 speed elevator trim running and that prevented the operation of the new rocket keybinds for the joystick.

All fixed and working now - learning something new every day :thumbup:

Now I can go and blow stuff up too!

Edited by Terry Dactil

On 12/24/2021 at 4:30 AM, Terry Dactil said:

Yes. These should be more accurate than the bombs I have been scattering far and wide around targets. :sad_2:

WW2 RPs weren’t know for high accuracy. That was the advantage of the Molins 6-Pounder install, it was surprisingly accurate even when fired from an aircraft. 

I would like to give the Molins a go :gun_sniper:

Yes. A fantastic weapon, and another role in which the Mosquito was superb.

I read recently that the technique was to aim at the water slight short of a U-boat.

The round would then be deflected to horizontal, hit at the waterline and with a bit of luck go right through and out the other side. Much quicker at sinking a U-boat than punching holes in the conning tower and stuff above the waterline!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 7:51 AM, Terry Dactil said:

Yes. A fantastic weapon, and another role in which the Mosquito was superb.

I read recently that the technique was to aim at the water slight short of a U-boat.

The round would then be deflected to horizontal, hit at the waterline and with a bit of luck go right through and out the other side. Much quicker at sinking a U-boat than punching holes in the conning tower and stuff above the waterline!

But would that work in DCS? 

Which rocket type was used againt subs?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.