FC3/Su25T radio completely unusable and intrusive in decently busy missions

FalcoGer

The aircraft without dedicated radio controls are completely unusable in missions where a lot is going on. Especially AWACS constantly giving you useless information every 5 seconds, without you hearing the calls for others by the way. Please fix AWACS

Then you hear everyone. AI calling waypoints, every carrier landing, every tanker conversation, every airfield spamming "you are cleared to taxi" whenever someone moves an inch. On a multiplayer server with 10-30 people it is a constant yelling of everyone at everyone and you hear it all. what's worse you can't turn it off!

You can go to the options and decrease "Helmet" volume, but then you don't get bitching betty telling you to "Pull up!"

This needs to be addressed. Either add some obscure key bindings to enter the radio frequencies. Make the cockpit partially clickable for interactive elements (like the salvo select for the Su25T) and add the radio to that list, add a key binding to open an interface where you can punch in the frequencies. A key binding and/or axis command for the radio volume. ANYTHING. Please.

It's literally impossible to have a conversation with someone on discord or SRS with this going on.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 1:57 PM, FalcoGer said:

The aircraft without dedicated radio controls are completely unusable in missions where a lot is going on. Especially AWACS constantly giving you useless information every 5 seconds, without you hearing the calls for others by the way. Please fix AWACS

Then you hear everyone. AI calling waypoints, every carrier landing, every tanker conversation, every airfield spamming "you are cleared to taxi" whenever someone moves an inch. On a multiplayer server with 10-30 people it is a constant yelling of everyone at everyone and you hear it all. what's worse you can't turn it off!

You can go to the options and decrease "Helmet" volume, but then you don't get bitching betty telling you to "Pull up!"

This needs to be addressed. Either add some obscure key bindings to enter the radio frequencies. Make the cockpit partially clickable for interactive elements (like the salvo select for the Su25T) and add the radio to that list, add a key binding to open an interface where you can punch in the frequencies. A key binding and/or axis command for the radio volume. ANYTHING. Please.

It's literally impossible to have a conversation with someone on discord or SRS with this going on.

You forgot to mention, ground controller endlessly repeating: "Hold position". That's my favorite 😄

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can add to this issue. There is a hotkey to cycle through the message feedback modes, that used to change the filters of which messages the player receives from the built-in Radio Comms. This hotkey is labeled "Receive Mode" in the Controls window of the Options Menu. Hotkey is RShift+\ or RShift+M.

When you first spawn in an FC3 aircraft or any "low fidelity" module, the default Receive Mode is set to "Player's Communications + Reports to Player + Other Aircraft Communications". If you press the hotkey once, it shows that message on the top-right corner of your screen.

Pressing the hotkey again while the message is being displayed will cycle through de 3 different Receive Modes from this default one to the second mode, which filters out the "Other Player's Communications". With this second mode, you should not receive radio calls from other flights calling waypoint passes, requests for takeoff/landings from other aircraft, or anything in general that has nothing to do with you and your flight. Means you'll only receive messages that are relevant for your mission, such as the regular AWACS vectors and ATC calls that are directly for you.

Pressing it once more cycles to only "Player's Communications". This last mode used to only return to you the radio calls that are immediate direct responses to the Radio Calls YOU select on the Comms menu (this one even filtered the continuous AWACS feedback), meaning you only get an AWACS feedback WHEN YOU REQUEST IT. Same for ATC comms, Wingman, JTAC, etc...

The only issue I'm having with this feature (I'm testing this with the F-15 right as I type in here) is that this last mode, the Players's Communications, it still gives me radio feedback for communications I did not request, like waypoint calls from AI flights (which should only be received on the default mode). This issue began quite a while ago (I started noticing it after the Apache became available) and it was even worse than it is right now. It got KIND OF fixed a couple of updates ago, but still remains this minor issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB | HyperX Fury 16GB RAM @2666MHz | ASUS Prime B-350 Plus | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU | Kingston UV400 120GB SSD | 1.25TB HDD Total | NZXT Phantom Black Full-Tower ATX Case | Saitek-Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick + Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard + Mouse Combo for DCS | FreeTrack + PS3 Eye + 3-LED clip Combo for headtracking

Having my previous message being said, I TOTALLY agree on the AWACS calls issue. It makes NO FUCKING SENSE having the AWACS annoying the player with frequent BRA calls for  bandits that are HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY, especially when there are much closer bandits which pose a much more significant and imminent threat to us.

There should be a "Range Filter" on the AWACS AI for when they start calling bogeys for us. In my experience with DCS, anything past beyond 80 miles is pretty much IRRELEVANT to the player, unless it's a hostile F-14 that can shoot Phoenixes from farther than that range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB | HyperX Fury 16GB RAM @2666MHz | ASUS Prime B-350 Plus | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU | Kingston UV400 120GB SSD | 1.25TB HDD Total | NZXT Phantom Black Full-Tower ATX Case | Saitek-Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick + Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard + Mouse Combo for DCS | FreeTrack + PS3 Eye + 3-LED clip Combo for headtracking