So tired of this, AIRIO commands are not available.

skunk160

Brand new PC, new install of, well everything and still getting this "12:33:01.839 AIRIO commands are not available." after 3 years.

Yes I've done the reset .lua delete export.lua close VA etc. dance.  when it works its absolutely brilliant, when it works

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Are you looking for help or just venting? If the former, give us some more detailed info.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Brand new PC, new install of, well everything and still getting this "12:33:01.839 AIRIO commands are not available." after 3 years.
Yes I've done the reset .lua delete export.lua close VA etc. dance.  when it works its absolutely brilliant, when it works
You, did close VA before you updated DCS today right? And started VA before DCS, after the update?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

tenor (5).gif

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

no man its all good,  not obvious, so many hoops to jump through and if its all working nicely i do forget the process dance to do, esp when i cant find the check list i made myself. 

but yea, shows im in the Cat, easy comms off.  it works fine in the older maps like nevada and cauc, in single player, brilliant no complaints, but Hoggit Georgia training MP wont work, nothing just the beep and "AIRIO commands are not available" msg 

doesn't work on syria sp either, normal comms do to tower etc but no RIO

going to disable it and go back to the wheel, sad was hoping with the AI crew members for the Mossie and apache coming down the pipe this was the start of something frickin cool, will have to look for alternatives, maybe just a RIO centric bunch of commands Ill add to VA

no, dont have it

no man its all good,  not obvious, so many hoops to jump through and if its all working nicely i do forget the process dance to do, esp when i cant find the check list i made myself. 
but yea, shows im in the Cat, easy comms off.  it works fine in the older maps like nevada and cauc, in single player, brilliant no complaints, but Hoggit Georgia training MP wont work, nothing just the beep and "AIRIO commands are not available" msg 
doesn't work on syria sp either, normal comms do to tower etc but no RIO
going to disable it and go back to the wheel, sad was hoping with the AI crew members for the Mossie and apache coming down the pipe this was the start of something frickin cool, will have to look for alternatives, maybe just a RIO centric bunch of commands Ill add to VA
Ah, it's only in MP on certain servers it doesn't work?
LOL that makes lots of sense. Export is disabled on the server. That's why.

reset all VAICOM settings last night, del export, new export.lua etc

Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, The Channel AIRIO works in SP, no issues at all

Normandy and Syria doesn't work (for me, does it work for others?) in SP

Only tried MP Hoggit Training server Caucasus, last night.  No joy, will be going through SRS settings later to see that has any effect. It has worked in the past on there

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skunk160 said:

Only tried MP Hoggit Training server Caucasus, last night.  No joy, will be going through SRS settings later to see that has any effect. It has worked in the past on there

Is it only AIRIO that isn't working for you, or are you having trouble with other VAICOM commands at the same time?

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

2 minutes ago, skunk160 said:

Yeah, totally understandable that this is frustrating.
Maybe they changed something. I don't usually don't do MP, I just remembered by chance that someone else ran into a similar issue where export was disabled.
Sorry for asking, but you have enabled MP in VAICOM of course!

Syria and Normandy doesn't work? That's a new one.

On a positive note, Stable=OB today, so hopefully we'll se the new commands soon! 😉

yea its AIRIO only, ATC is flaky at the best of times, some ATC at Nellis but AIRIO works fine

Does AIRIO work for others in Syria and Normandy? 

I haven't had any problems in all but Normandy (which I don't have).  But I did notice that though VAICOM Pro and AIRIO recognize "Salute", DCS does not.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I have run into the same issue on my sim groups servers.  All but one it works fine on...just one of them...no AIRIO.

Currently working with the admins to sort out the setting...will report back when I know which setting it is.  Although it will do little good for skunk....at least we will have an answer.

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

9 hours ago, skunk160 said:

Does AIRIO work for others in Syria and Normandy? 

I tested AIRIO on Hoggit practice server and did two SP cold start missions on Normandy and Syria. AIRIO worked fine in each case, at least for the few commands that I tried.

• Like 1

ok, appreciate you guys trying and reporting back

Did the AIRIO dance 
  1. Uninstall all mods
  2. update
  3. close DCS
  4. do a repair
  5. close VA
  6. Delete export.lua
  7. Start VA
  8. Close VA
  9. Delete the new export.lua, copy the copy, and rename to export.lua
  10. Start VA
  11. Start DCS

NO JOY

uninstalled, Voicemeter banana and SRS

NO joy

completely uninstalled and VAICOM and VA

Reinstalled VA (used the 32bit version this time) installed latest VAICOM and AIRIO (which were same version)  

Still the same, works in some SP Maps , so far not found a MP it works on

back to the Jester wheel i guess

@Hollywood_315so some progress

not tested without, but now with VAICOM.exe running I have same issues with maps. 2 of 6 dont work with AIRIO

BUT, on Tactical DCS Caucasus MP map AIRIO worked, not tried Hoggit GAW yet

image.png

I get this VAICOM scripts folder on the root of my C drive, I cant find what .lua is pointing here.  but when i copy it to my scripts folder to overwrite the files they are same time/date/size as whats in there

to stop the flashing menus bug my VAICOM set path to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta, should that be pointing at \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta? 

image.png

Edited by skunk160

58 minutes ago, skunk160 said:

@Hollywood_315so some progress

not tested without, but now with VAICOM.exe running I have same issues with maps. 2 of 6 dont work with AIRIO

BUT, on Tactical DCS Caucasus MP map AIRIO worked, not tried Hoggit GAW yet

image.png

I get this VAICOM scripts folder on the root of my C drive, I cant find what .lua is pointing here.  but when i copy it to my scripts folder to overwrite the files they are same time/date/size as whats in there

to stop the flashing menus bug my VAICOM set path to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta, should that be pointing at \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta? 

image.png

Custom path should point to the root of the installed version so I think you have it right. However I would check the "fix" box and then push "SET." That will create (or fix) a registry entry that points to the correct folder. This should be set already if you used the default DCS installer to reinstall on your new PC, and then did not move the installation elsewhere. (Note that a DCS "repair" does not try to fix the registry entry if it is missing or wrong.) VAICOM uses the registry entry by default, and the custom path if the box is checked. Once you fix the registry entry you can uncheck the custom path box.

If there is any doubt about whether VAICOM is pointing to the right folders you can check by turning on the debug option and looking at the VAICOM log file after restarting VoiceAttack. It will tell you where it is doing its work modifying and extending DCS.

The scripts folder in the root drive is a known bug. Seems to be related to the kneeboard feature. I just let it be for now. Hopefully Hollywood will fix this in the future since applications should not be writing to the root drive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skunk160 said:

ok, appreciate you guys trying and reporting back

Did the AIRIO dance 
  1. Uninstall all mods
  2. update
  3. close DCS
  4. do a repair
  5. close VA
  6. Delete export.lua
  7. Start VA
  8. Close VA
  10. Start VA
  11. Start DCS

NO JOY

uninstalled, Voicemeter banana and SRS

NO joy

completely uninstalled and VAICOM and VA

Reinstalled VA (used the 32bit version this time) installed latest VAICOM and AIRIO (which were same version)  

Still the same, works in some SP Maps , so far not found a MP it works on

back to the Jester wheel i guess

Since VAICOM is working except for AIRIO I think it is very unlikely that your installation of VoiceAttack or VAICOM is to blame, apart from the possibility that you put the AIRIO DLL in the wrong place. (But even that is unlikely to be the cause if AIRIO works some of the time.) My suspicion is that there is an incompatibility with some other hardware or software, or else an obscure timing bug of some kind. (Your system seems very tricked out with lots of specialized I/O peripherals.) So I would stop with the uninstall/reinstall dance of VAICOM itself and start seeing what happens if you go back to a more plain vanilla system by disabling as much other stuff as possible temporarily. You might discover an issue of which Hollywood is unaware.

17 hours ago, skunk160 said:

Did the AIRIO dance 

1. Uninstall all mods
  2. update
  3. close DCS
  4. do a repair
  5. close VA
  6. Delete export.lua
  7. Start VA
  8. Close VA
  10. Start VA
  11. Start DCS

One other thing. Your dance steps are not quite right. Should be

1. Close DCS and VA
  2. Back up then delete export.lua (personally I never do this step since it only makes a difference in rare cases and also disables SRS and Tacview)
  3. Repair DCS (which will automatically uninstall mods)
  4. Run VA
  5. Run DCS

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Hunter.....can I call you Hunter, all duly noted.

Just did an uninstall of VA and VAICOM, reinstalled the 32 bit version of VA and re installed VAICOM and AIRIO, no kneeboard and no errant script folder 

Same results, No Joy on same two maps, Normandy and Syria

Tried Tactical DCS Caucasus Server, which has export objects, sensors etc AIRIO works!! but same as before so no change there either rly

Tried Tactical Hoggit Training Server Caucasus , which has export objects, sensors etc AIRIO "No Joy" again as before

going to do all the above again, but install the 64bit version of VA.......but going to unplug all my peripherals and try again first

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Hunter.....can I call you Hunter, all duly noted.
Just did an uninstall of VA and VAICOM, reinstalled the 32 bit version of VA and re installed VAICOM and AIRIO, no kneeboard and no errant script folder 
Same results, No Joy on same two maps, Normandy and Syria
Tried Tactical DCS Caucasus Server, which has export objects, sensors etc AIRIO works!! but same as before so no change there either rly
Tried Tactical Hoggit Training Server Caucasus , which has export objects, sensors etc AIRIO "No Joy" again as before

going to do all the above again, but install the 64bit version of VA.......but going to unplug all my peripherals and try again first
Sorry to hand it to you, but why do you de/re-install? And do you expect a different behaviour between x86/x64?
VAICOM settings are self contained so you're waisting your time.
Do like "Hunter" says!
Check fix reg
Turn on debug and post the VAICOM log here.
You could also try to turn off/on AIRIO for SP, just to force VAICOM to turn it off and on to regenerate/fix the core files.
Oh! Have you tried with an export.lua where VAICOM is the only entry?

Do like "Hunter" says! emoji1.png Done, nothing plugged in. No Joy
Check fix reg Always do, set
Turn on debug and post the VAICOM log here. Wilco
You could also try to turn off/on AIRIO for SP, just to force VAICOM to turn it off and on to regenerate/fix the core files. Tried that, when I've tried to back to Jester wheelemoji2373.png
Oh! Have you tried with an export.lua where VAICOM is the only entry? Done no joy