So tired of this, AIRIO commands are not available.

skunk160

On 11/5/2021 at 9:24 PM, skunk160 said:

Thought I had replied to this but since I don't see my reply in the thread, I'm trying again. I looked at all of the files and didn't see anything obviously wrong. I also tried flying the attached mission on my rig, VAICOM worked perfectly. So while I agree with others that the problem is mission related, I don't think it is just the mission. Instead it's something about the interaction of the mission and the host system. I'm now officially stumped and I suggest you try to reach out to Hollywood since apparently the issue does not seem to be user error or configuration error, but is happening for only some people in some settings, but is reproducible for those people/settings.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 11/9/2021 at 8:51 AM, VF2 Subsonic said:

Clearly this is something mission related as I am seeing the same behavior.
The question is...what about a mission, be it moose script or something else, would stop VCP from detecting the mission start and or the jet entry?
I have had this issue with a fresh start of VCP and DCS.
I can bounce from one server to another of the servers we have and never see a problem, until I get to this one mission.

Nice to know im not loosing my mind. 

I've now got Bailys F-14 Jester profile referenced into the VIACOM profile, When VAICOM is flaking out the other Profile is usable, but no jester wheel visible. 

3 hours ago, sthompson said:

Thought I had replied to this but since I don't see my reply in the thread, I'm trying again. I looked at all of the files and didn't see anything obviously wrong. I also tried flying the attached mission on my rig, VAICOM worked perfectly. So while I agree with others that the problem is mission related, I don't think it is just the mission. Instead it's something about the interaction of the mission and the host system. I'm now officially stumped and I suggest you try to reach out to Hollywood since apparently the issue does not seem to be user error or configuration error, but is happening for only some people in some settings, but is reproducible for those people/settings.

Literally just submitted a ticket to VAICOM support, linking this thread

Edited by skunk160

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Literally just submitted a ticket to VAICOM support, linking this thread
I really hope this will be solved.
But seriously. Bailey's profiles are excellent, but they use standard VoiceAttack keyboard presses, except for the profiles using DCS - Bios. (Only L-39 IIRC).
So comparing the two are pretty much futile.
VAICOM uses VoiceAttack as a gateway to Microsoft Speech Recognition to get the speech to text translated to direct commands it sends to DCS.
Don't really want to be pedantic, but it is really apples and pears. Sorry.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I really hope this will be solved.
But seriously. Bailey's profiles are excellent, but they use standard VoiceAttack keyboard presses, except for the profiles using DCS - Bios. (Only L-39 IIRC).
So comparing the two are pretty much futile.
VAICOM uses VoiceAttack as a gateway to Microsoft Speech Recognition to get the speech to text translated to direct commands it sends to DCS.
Don't really want to be pedantic, but it is really apples and pears. Sorry.
Cheers!

Oh yea I know, but referencing it in, gives me an option when AIRIO or the mission is playing up, I know I coiould unload and load in Baileys profile, but trying to have me cake and eat it.

Got this from VAICOM support, it also occurred to me to open problematic missions in ME and resave to see if that fixes any hidden corruptions, this is a process to get older missions to run in updated versions of .....another WW2 flight sim

Thanks for contacting us. 

There are known issues along those lines with AIRIO at this time.
To correct any local problems on your system we suggest the following

- Run a DCS Repair before starting VA, confirming VA version up-to-date, running as admin
- Make sure no conflicting/ suspicious apps are active, see https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/232373-faq/#comment-4256666
- In flight, check if the PTT tab displays the correct module name (i.e. F-14AB). If so, your base setup is correct.
- For MP: the server must have the Export Player Data option enabled. Consult your server admin if needed.
- Particular mission designs may have hidden corruption under the hood, this can be hard to pinpoint but the best place to start looking for cues is dcs.log. Any such issues must be addressed in Mission Editor.
- To exclude a corrupt VA profile, import a fresh VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap profile using Config tab/export button and import in VA.
- To tackle potential corrupt database: delete the Database subfolder and restart, disable options Import F10 menu, Import new Theatres and Import New Modules and apply FINISH steps.

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Nope, did all the steps above and resaved a few missions ME, no joy

Going back to the Jester wheel

thanks for the help and advice guys, 'preciate it

• Like 1

one last try last night, with the new lantirn airio update

did the dance, repaired dcs

then deleted the f14 missions, as these wouldn't get updated, only added to in an update, i was hoping it would refresh and fix the airio corrupted missions

did a repair again

hb f14 missions were all there, with todays date

still no joy

did the above, but uninstalled f14 completely, to force an update with new latest scripts etc

still no joy.  im done chasing my tail with this.  

one last try last night, with the new lantirn airio update
did the dance, repaired dcs
then deleted the f14 missions, as these wouldn't get updated, only added to in an update, i was hoping it would refresh and fix the airio corrupted missions
did a repair again
hb f14 missions were all there, with todays date
still no joy
did the above, but uninstalled f14 completely, to force an update with new latest scripts etc
still no joy.  im done chasing my tail with this.  

I'm not sure I follow. Why are you trying to repair missions/expect them to be updated, when there was no DCS update this week?
If there is something "wrong" with some missions, in the sense that they limit VAICOM usage, no matter the number of repairs and re-installations, song and dances will do you any good.
VAICOM doesn't alter any missions, and I'm willing to bet that no missions are actively blocking VAICOM either.
Exports needs to enabled in MP, but if SRS works. That's not it.
But I assume you know all this already.
I'm not really a Tomcat user, but I might try a few things tomorrow, so I can jump in the mentioned MP server and do some testing without making a fool of myself.
Cheers!

On 11/11/2021 at 1:19 PM, skunk160 said:

Particular mission designs may have hidden corruption under the hood, this can be hard to pinpoint but the best place to start looking for cues is dcs.log. Any such issues must be addressed in Mission Editor.

so i thought id rebuild/re-get missions to rule this out

On 11/11/2021 at 1:19 PM, skunk160 said:

- For MP: the server must have the Export Player Data option enabled. Consult your server admin if needed.

servers where it works and dont have have the same export settings

Edited by skunk160

• 7 months later...

still the same ole

October 21 I posted this originally, and I know I posted about it before this

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this is still an issue or whether this will help anyone.

I had this issue and tried everything then I noticed that the AIRIO enable button under the EX tab on VAICOM was no longer checked! Not sure why this happened but anyway it resolved the issue for me.

Obvious I know but I missed it and it cost me hours "Doing the dance" so only posted  just in case it helps anyone. 

N.B Having DCS open greys this button out. Close DCS to change it. 

image.png

Edited by funkster
  • Like 1

Chasing my tail is an understatement.  Having an ATC for traps in the Hornet is a must.  It's impossible for me to use the coms menu and click on ATC, inbound, etc and have a good trap.  It takes all my concentration on a good day.  

Up until recently I'd call "inbound" and get a reply from ATC but no more.

This is what VoiceAttack is telling me and it must be related to Airo not working.

9:12:19.514 Listening suspended
9:12:19.485 Done.
9:12:19.483 Constructing message...
9:12:19.481 TX4 | AUTO: [ Air Traffic Controller ] ,  [ Inbound ]   
9:12:19.478 There are currently no ATC recipients available.
9:12:19.476 Captured sentence: inbound
9:12:19.476 Have result, identified as command: Inbound
9:12:19.468 Recognized : 'inbound'

I've tried going back to older versions of both VoiceAttack and Airio and even loading the latest no registration required free version and still no joy.  Bummer.  If anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution I'd be most appreciative to know what it is.  Thanks

2 hours ago, gigem75 said:

Chasing my tail is an understatement.  Having an ATC for traps in the Hornet is a must.  It's impossible for me to use the coms menu and click on ATC, inbound, etc and have a good trap.  It takes all my concentration on a good day.  

Up until recently I'd call "inbound" and get a reply from ATC but no more.

This is what VoiceAttack is telling me and it must be related to Airo not working.

9:12:19.514 Listening suspended
9:12:19.485 Done.
9:12:19.483 Constructing message...
9:12:19.481 TX4 | AUTO: [ Air Traffic Controller ] ,  [ Inbound ]   
9:12:19.478 There are currently no ATC recipients available.
9:12:19.476 Captured sentence: inbound
9:12:19.476 Have result, identified as command: Inbound
9:12:19.468 Recognized : 'inbound'

I've tried going back to older versions of both VoiceAttack and Airio and even loading the latest no registration required free version and still no joy.  Bummer.  If anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution I'd be most appreciative to know what it is.  Thanks

This has happened to me today after updating to the new DCS Open Beta earlier this morning.

I am getting those same messages "constructing message" and no replies from ATC. I was posting about it over on their Discord, they said mine did not show it was hooked into DCS. My next step they suggested is a new install of Vaicom 2.8 but will be tomorrow before I can get it done.

Don't know if they are related but I had never seen that "constructing message" in the log before and I saw you also experienced it so thought I would as well. Vaicom for me today is totally fubar.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, 71st_AH Rob said:

Did you reset the Lua? Mandatory after DCS updates.

Yep made no difference. Also been using Vaicom for years and never reset the lua once.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This is what is now displayed in VA when I launch it. Pretty strange had never seen that before, I did the reset lua thing as suggested and now it displays this. I guess tomorrow I will try a new install of Vaicom. No idea what is going on with it and why the DCS update seemed to make this happen...

image.jpeg

Edited by dburne

Don B

This is what is now displayed in VA when I launch it. Pretty strange had never seen that before, I did the reset lua thing as suggested and now it displays this. I guess tomorrow I will try a new install of Vaicom. No idea what is going on with it and why the DCS update seemed to make this happen...

image.jpeg.aa83a340e3c177d4bdf681f73fcfa226.jpeg
That's completely normal. Seems one of the previous VAICOM versions failed to import all ATCs.
Cheers!

EDIT: I have 150+ entries. If you did completely vipe out VAICOM, you have to enter every map before all ATCs are imported.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

That's completely normal. Seems one of the previous VAICOM versions failed to import all ATCs.
Cheers!

EDIT: I have 150+ entries. If you did completely vipe out VAICOM, you have to enter every map before all ATCs are imported.

I have not wiped out any of Vaicom yet. So what do you mean if I wipe Vaicom out I have to enter all maps manually? How does one do this? They were saying it was like a 5 min process that I can do to just do the new install of Vaicom? All I know is since I updated DCS Vaicom is completely broken for me. Pretty much trashed.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I have not wiped out any of Vaicom yet. So what do you mean if I wipe Vaicom out I have to enter all maps manually? How does one do this? They were saying it was like a 5 min process that I can do to just do the new install of Vaicom? All I know is since I updated DCS Vaicom is completely broken for me. Pretty much trashed.
Okay. I might have misunderstood. How did you update to the community version?