A Question for Reverb G2 users

buster_dee

Just got mine today, and it won't power up. Biggest problem is that HP does not recognize the headset's serial number, so I can't register it or get tech support. Has anyone had a problem getting HP to accept a valid serial number? Could it be some kind of browser compatibility thing? I use a current Edge in Win 10.

Edited by buster_dee
Correct a term

curious, where did you order it from?  new or used?  you're trying to enter the s/n into their website, and it doesn't recognize it?  if so, you sure you have the correct s/n?  for the s/n, you remove the face gasket, and it's on the left.  in very small print.  you'll need to use a magnifying glass to read it.  begins with 8CC or something like that.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

make sure it is not a O but a Zero.. or vise versa

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I had upgraded my system and my new crazy powerful system wouldn’t power up my G2. Turned out it was the onboard USB ports, I had to buy a $15 PCI USB card to plug into MB, then when I plugged my G2 into it, it worked. Not sure if that’s related to the problem you’re having but perhaps that helps you. 

Edited by Sickdog

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

55 minuti fa, Sickdog ha scritto:

I had upgraded my system and my new crazy powerful system wouldn’t power up my G2. Turned out it was the onboard USB ports, I had to buy a $15 PCI USB card to plug into MB, then when I plugged my G2 into it, it worked. Not sure if that’s related to the problem you’re having but perhaps that helps you. 

Contact hp asap and ask for the v2 of the cable. This one will solve all your problems 

16 hours ago, buster_dee said:

Just got mine today, and it won't power up. Biggest problem is that HP does not recognize the headset's serial number, so I can't register it or get tech support. Has anyone had a problem getting HP to accept a valid serial number? Could it be some kind of browser compatibility thing? I use a current Edge in Win 10.

Yesterday i was trying to contact HP support also due to G2 issues and i also was not able to continue cause the serialnumber was not valid. I also tried the '0' and 'O'. Wouldnt work.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

15 minutes ago, RvL said:

Yesterday i was trying to contact HP support also due to G2 issues and i also was not able to continue cause the serialnumber was not valid. I also tried the '0' and 'O'. Wouldnt work.

I had a whole thread about this somewhere...

To this day, I still cannot even register my G2 because of their S/N.

You want to call 1800-334-5144.  Say "z series running windows" at the prompt

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark