Weapons Employment

Reoze

I've had DCS for about a week now and have managed to figure out how to fly and trim properly and that is about it. I'm currently trying to employ any weapon system I can. Cannon, Vikhr, rockets, etc. I cannot seem to be able to flip the master arm button. I can manage to find, track, and lock targets with the Shikval and select hardpoints, cannon, rounds, etc. But cannot seem to fire the weapon for the life of me. If anyone has any idea what i'm missing or if it would be easier for me to include a track I can.

I've had DCS for about a week now and have managed to figure out how to fly and trim properly and that is about it. I'm currently trying to employ any weapon system I can. Cannon, Vikhr, rockets, etc. I cannot seem to be able to flip the master arm button. I can manage to find, track, and lock targets with the Shikval and select hardpoints, cannon, rounds, etc. But cannot seem to fire the weapon for the life of me. If anyone has any idea what i'm missing or if it would be easier for me to include a track I can.

Hmmm...Have you managed to find the Master arm switch or is it just not letting you toggle it? A light will come on on the overhead panel when the master arm is on.

Edited by Tartan_Piper

I've found the physical switch and the hotkey (LAlt + W) but both pressing the keys and/or clicking on the switch in clickable cockpit mode does nothing, in fact I don't think i've been able to click on any switches in the cockpit after hitting alt+C.

Alright I've ran through it again and here is exactly what I do.

Start the mission

Slow down and trim helicopter

Attempt to enable master arm

Activate Moving Ground Target

Activate Shikval

Put Laser in standby

Designate and lock target (LA)

Activate Laser

Select Outer Weapons Racks

Move the circular launch zone on top of target.

I'm not sure which of these steps are actually working or not, I have not figured out the cockpit or HUD symbology and am basing this off of the hotkey charts i've printed.

Edited by Reoze

I've found the physical switch and the hotkey (LAlt + W) but both pressing the keys and/or clicking on the switch in clickable cockpit mode does nothing, in fact I don't think i've been able to click on any switches in the cockpit after hitting alt+C.

Start the mission

Activate Shikval

Put Laser in standby

Activate Laser

I'm not sure which of these steps are actually working or not, I have not figured out the cockpit or HUD symbology and am basing this off of the hotkey charts i've printed.

All i can say is go read the english manual. That does an excellent job of explaining how to fly and fight the KA-50.

You can get it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2199&scr=products&lang=en

You'll need to register if you haven't alreday.

Also check out the producers notes:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32511&highlight=producers+notes

There are some swithes which are vital for weapons operating. For e.g. weapons operating system switch on the right panel, main weapons operation switch on the front panel, helmet point system, etc. When locked on target you must place the visor circle over the target and then hold fire button for 1-2 seconds. I would also suggest reading the manual as it explains everything

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

check the Training Mode switch on the Targeting Mode Panel. Just below the rotors for the radio on the left side lower panel.

“ТРЕНАЖ – ОТКЛ” (Training mode – OFF) switch. Placing this switch in the up "ТРЕНАЖ” (Training mode) position places the weapon system in training mode and it will not allow a weapon to be released. However, full weapon aiming and target locking is allowed. When in the lower “ОТКЛ” (OFF) position, the system is taken out of training mode

Section 2-75 of the English Flight Manual

Edited by SunDown

Start the mission

Activate Shikval

Put Laser in standby

Activate Laser

Activate Laser not exist, only Laser STBY.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I suppose this leads me to my next problem, what would disable my ability to click on anything (cursor never turns green as per the manual)

you can enable / disable clickable cockpit I believe (is it alt - c something like that)

RTFM anyway, or at least look through the controls section to find a liklely key binding.

you can enable / disable clickable cockpit I believe (is it alt - c something like that)

RTFM anyway, or at least look through the controls section to find a liklely key binding.

It wasn't a case of RTFM after all. Cockpit just was not clickable with the crosshair cursor that pops up until I reinstalled, now everything works fine. Thanks.

Start the mission

Activate Shikval

Put Laser in standby

Activate Laser

I think by default you can click, so I wonder if by hitting alt-c you were disabling the clickable pit.

I think by default you can click, so I wonder if by hitting alt-c you were disabling the clickable pit.

Nah I definitely know I was in clickable mode, had the yellow crosshair up. But nothing was selectable or movable, I think it may have renamed somthing I shouldn't have in the BS folder.